Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bardonechia - recent review please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm flying into Milan 25 Feb for 2 weeks. Probably hire a car. I'm thinking I have not skied Bardonechia in 15-20 years. I know it is a bit of a drive. don't remember being over impressed with it then. Has much changed ? Have they opened some extra ski areas there ? I remember very limited night life.

Is there free ski buses around town ? Where do they go to /from ? Is it worth renting a cheap flat in town ?

I am a steady piste skier now. I like bashed and occasional steep slopes. Not bothered with anything too rough.

Any recent reviews out there please.

Thanks, K.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Something must be wrong with your computer or internet connection, since the search function (top left of your screen) does not seem to function for you?

Over at me no problem, it functions very nicely, here's just 3 of many reports
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1699065
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2653023
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2009005

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 3-02-17 6:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are in Bardonecchia right now, the main point is that the 2006 winter olympics were held here so you will probably see a fair bit in the way of infrastructure improvements. There are still several reds runs closed but last nights snow has vastly improved the pistes and there is more snow forecast for the next few days.

There are several bus routes but I haven't checked them out as we are staying at Campo Smith and everything is pretty much to hand.

Lots of long, wide consistent reds which, along with everything else, were pisted just before first lift this morning making for a short lived, but wonderful, first few rides.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks boardieK,
any chance of taking a picture if the bus routes or timetables and posting it ? Thanks for the review. A recent/current one is just what I wanted.
K
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had our first two ski hols in Bardonechia in 2014 and 15, we loved it which is why we went back in 2015, but as I say it was our first trips so nothing to compare it too.
If I remember correct there were free buses around the town and to neighbouring resorts, Jaffrau etc, pretty regular, there was a timetable but the longest we waited was about 20 mins which was ok. The buses go from all the places you would expect, outside the Camp Smith (Main ski area) and through around the town , there are local maps but nothing is much of a walk. There's probably a bus map etc on the local tourist info which is good.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just to confirm what Glenfish posted. I glanced at the bus timetables earlier and they are free, running every 20 mins. Linea 1 runs around town from Campo Smith, linea 2 runs from Campo Smith to the other end of the main ski area at Melezet. There are linea 3 and 4, one of which runs to the Jafferau ski area.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do you think it make much difference if we get an apartment in town rather than the ski bit - as long as we can get the ski bus ?

Seems much better value in town.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The lifts don't open til 9, I think the buses start at 8 or 8.20.
Lots of nice looking but empty blocks only 5 mins walk but the far end of town is a good 15/20 mins without gear so a bus would be essential.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kezzy19661 wrote:
Do you think it make much difference if we get an apartment in town rather than the ski bit - as long as we can get the ski bus ?

Seems much better value in town.

We stayed at the top of town on our first trip, that was a but uphill. In the town would be fine, nothing's far.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I hear there is virtually no apres ski. Is that still correct ? Is there any bars anywhere that are worth checking out ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There is a bit at Campo Smith, and an Irish Bar in town, but nothing much at present.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy