Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Father jailed for punching snowboarder (16, female) who knocked over his daughter

Poster: A snowHead
A man whose daughter was knocked over by a snowboarder in Colorado, repeatedly punched the 16-year-old female boarder ... and was taken to jail by police.

The incident, which occurred at Steamboat Springs last Sunday, involved no serious injury to the boarder, though she reportedly claimed to be "sore". The father was released on Monday on a $1000 bond and must attend court on 14 February.

This report from All Headline News.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tut, tut. What is it with some people?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
According to the police

Quote:
(the snowboarder) went right over to the little girl to ask if she was OK. Dad arrived and started pummeling her... It was not a reckless skiing incident. She was trying to avoid the little girl and tried to swerve out of the way. She went across the back of the skis, and both of them fell.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not wishing to make light of it but a pummeling about the head and neck from an adult male is likely to produce more than a little soreness. Perhaps a little exaggeration taking place here.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In just over two weeks time we should learn the full facts. snowHeads' US court correspondent will hopefully file a report.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The guy was obviously well out of order to physically assault the young boarder, but had it been my daughter she knocked over I made have let loose with a few " profanity-laden insults " myself Evil or Very Mad

Agree with Frosty, the report makes it sound like he battered her, which doesn't really fit with 'sore' - maybe a bit of a slap? In any event, he clearly overreacted.

OTOH '...she was trying to avoid the little girl...' sounds like she wasn't fully in control, or at least didn't try hard enough Confused These things happen, but this one does sound like the boarder was to blame (i.e. the little girl didn't ski into her) understandably annoying to any parent, lucky no-one was more seriously hurt.

OTOOH how come this made the news? must be dozens, if not hundreds of such 'bumps' taking place every day in Europe and the US. What was unique here? Maybe the fact that the guy lost it, and ended up in court? Seems a bit of an overreation all round to what was basically a non-event:- Border bumps kid, kids dad thumps boarder, 'no serious injury' to anyone, a bit Yawnsville Arizona really rolling eyes

OTOOOH - Good job boarder (or her mates/brothers/uncles) weren't 'packing' or dad could have copped a bullet! I'd think twice before getting too irate anwhere in the gun-totin capital of the world Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OTOOOOH .. maybe the boarder was the skiers big sister.. in which case he was just giving his teenage daughter a slap.. Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

OTOOOH - Good job boarder (or her mates/brothers/uncles) weren't 'packing' or dad could have copped a bullet! I'd think twice before getting too irate anwhere in the gun-totin capital of the world

I didn't know they had a ski slope in Nottingham rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OTOOOOOH perhaps he was just trying to show his daughter what he'll be doing to her when she's sixteen...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CANV CANVINGTON, Nah, in the US he'd have got life for that! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pistemeister, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Would this happen outside the States though?

I reckon not, perhaps a cuff in France, a stern word elsewhere and no sueing or other litigious nonsense.

Still if our cousins want to waste their money on lawyers who are we to prevent them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not with you there Kaiser. Surely most countries would be prepared to take action against this man if it were proven he pummelled a 16 year old girl?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How much difference would it have made if she was a skier? Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't reckon fathers punch 16 yr old girls outside the states, although maybe it does happen, I just have missed out on seeing it so far. I also reckon it was overblown a bit if she was only sore and not battered as I imagine you would be, so in the light that she probably just got a bit of a backhander why bother go to court?

I agree with Axsman on the verdict of boarder guilty on first offence though.
ski holidays
Kaiser wrote:
I don't reckon fathers punch 16 yr old girls outside the states.

You're kidding me! I think men spend quite a lot of time hitting woman in every country in the world...
latest report
Kaiser wrote:
I don't reckon fathers punch 16 yr old girls outside the states, although maybe it does happen, I just have missed out on seeing it so far [...] she probably just got a bit of a backhander why bother go to court?

Puzzled
latest report
Boots, bindings, board, bullets....bazooka?
snow report
Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics 1994 wrote:
14% of all reported physical assaults are against children; 22% of these assaults are by family members, most often parents. The majority of victims are between the ages of 12 and 17 (68%); 32% are 11 or younger. Weapons are used in 28% of cases of physical assault; 59% of victims suffered a minor injury, and 5% suffered a major injury. Most perpetrators are male (78%). The majority (70%) of physical assaults against children result in charges being laid.
snow conditions
Of course physical vioklence is rife all over the world- the world is an evil place to live which is why every year we go up to heaven and I've never seen it on the slopes before.
latest report
Surely there's a difference here - accidental collision with no harm done and a deliberate physical response. From the last thread on this it seems like there are plenty of snowheads who might have the potential to resport to physical violence if their child was hit. A good lecture would seem acceptable but it seems people aren't particularly rational when it comes to kids.
snow report
Personally, I remember being young and reckless, the girl alledgedly went over to apologise to the kid she knocked down: both ok physically so quick sorry and then you're off. (A little more carefully and with tail between legs - how good can you look taking out a kid!)
snow conditions
It really is a case of S.H. happens, in this one poo-poo happ3ns. I've been wiped out by skiers more often than not, the others being my SO getting of a lift. Boarders, what can I say..... Except take with good humour, don't be an a$$hole and respect fellow sliders. In direction of the Dad's here, don't even think about punching or even shouting at dumb skiers/boarders. Although I don't always do dippy liberalism, jujst make your point quietly known; they'll already feel enough of a d1ck.
snow conditions
poo-poo?! Now I feel offended.
ski holidays
Yeah, berating the guilty party is always risky - you might lose it like this guy did, and so might they. Found that out the hard way when I gave a motorist a two fingered salute after he'd nearly knocked me off my bike. A 10 minute chase across a North London housing estate ensued, with him in the car and me cycling for my life. Every time I pulled a clever trick like heading down an alley, he'd reappear behind me as if by magic a few minutes later. Eventually, I sprinted up some stairs, bike on my shoulder, with him following close behind. Saved by an elderly couple who hid me in the flat and gave me some tea (cue surreal conversation about the weather in their living room, my bike propped up against the sofa). The guy was still driving around outside when I left 20 minutes later...

I now try and bite my tongue!
latest report
Sounds very UK Gold: The Bill. As a cyclist I'll remember this story, I do have tendency to shout at car drivers. Descriptive terms like 'poo poo' do seem to convey my meaning well rolling eyes
snow conditions
Wow, scary(!), a North London version of the movie 'Duel'. just imagine if you'd been a snowboarder instead of a cyclist!

The bit about the weather in the elderly couple's living room - was it snowing in there, or beach weather?
ski holidays
I'd have been stuffed on a snowboard - it was June...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As opposed to skis?!

DL some Tanner Hall pics/vids. Busting rails in the council Jesmond Allen estates (ala The Bill), now that would be viewing worth.
ski holidays
Skis would have been worse. At least with a board, I'd have been wearing something I could run in...
snow report
DavidS wrote:
Yeah, berating the guilty party is always risky - you might lose it like this guy did, and so might they. Found that out the hard way when I gave a motorist a two fingered salute after he'd nearly knocked me off my bike. A 10 minute chase across a North London housing estate ensued, with him in the car and me cycling for my life.

. The guy was still driving around outside when I left 20 minutes later...

It might have taken three years ... but FOUND you at last Toofy Grin wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Not wishing to make light of it but a pummeling about the head and neck from an adult male is likely to produce more than a little soreness. Perhaps a little exaggeration taking place here.

Maybe not: I suspect she may have been wearing a helmet, being a young snowboarder in the US: might have saved her from much worse injury, and the Dad from a lot more trouble. Sounds to me like she made a genuine mistake, minor accident, tried to do the right thing making sure the kid was ok. Yes, understandable that the Dad was annoyed, but no excuse for going "Captain Caveman" IMHO: terrible example to set the kid as well. A few choice words would be understandable/excusable, not violence though. Deserves to get his wrists slapped in court at least.

Ant
ski holidays
antpj wrote:
Deserves to get his wrists slapped in court at least.

What literally? Isn't that perpetuating the cycle of violence? wink
ski holidays
antpj wrote:
I suspect she may have been wearing a helmet

Another good reason for wearing a helmet.
snow report
richmond wrote:
antpj wrote:
I suspect she may have been wearing a helmet

Another good reason for wearing a helmet.

oh oh here comes another 3 pages
ski holidays
obelix67 wrote:
oh oh here comes another 3 pages

Did I mention that the guy chasing me was driving a 4x4? Smile
snow report
Was a cliff nearby? Say one that was just under 245ft? Puzzled
ski holidays
10 days ago in peyragudes my 12 year old daughter was wiped out by a high speed ,adult male boarder. he picked himself up and carried on, leaving my daughter in floods of tears, with badly bruised shins. i regret i was waiting further down for the family to catch up but when they arrived and told me i was livid. luckily they didn't get a description of the offender.
no, i'm not condoning violence ,especially against children, bot the offender was a grown up bloke who didn't even stop to say sorry,or are you ok to a crying 12 year old girl Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
It's a shame manners don't always prevail over guilt and shame. Hopefully he feels enough of a tool for being so inept and inconsiderate.
snow report
Kaiser, We don't have the full report here, but I do agree decency goes a long way. It doesn't take a radical or short-spaced thinker to work that one out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy