Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pas 5th March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself & some girlfriends are heading to Pas at the start of March & I just wanted some feedback on other peoples experience. Mixed levels of experience - from absolute beginner with snow phobia (??) to experienced skiers.

We are staying in the Himalaia Pas - anyone stayed there?

I normally organise lift passes, lessons in the resort but thinking of pre booking this year - anyone know if its cheaper in the resort?
Also read on an earlier posting that the beginners lessons are in the morning & intermediate in the afternoon - is this true, our tour operator is insisting that it is all morning lessons.

We are celebrating a birthday when we're there so looking for a recommendations for a great restaurant (4 thirtysomething foodies)

Bit worried about the length of transfer - flying into Barcelona. Our travel co says 4hrs but have read elsewhere that its 5+, anyone got the definitive answer.

Any other info good or bad much appreciated.

Cheers

[/b]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nooner,
Welcome, I'm told Himalaya is nice, not been there myself though.

Can't help with info on passes or instruction there but I'm sure someone will be along to advise you soon.

My info on restaraunt's is listed below, hope that helps a bit, have Fun snowHead

Restaurants: With more than 60 restaurants cooking up a storm in and around the resort, no-one working up an appetite on the slopes need go hungry. Local cuisine is largely Spanish (with paella as a favourite) but there are plenty of French influences on the local menus. Rated as the most 'upscale' gourmet dining establishment in 'Pas' is the Restaurant Marisqueria Campistrano; for views of the competition action and competitive boarding courses dine on high (2,200m up) at the Costa Rodona, which has a self-service cafeteria on the ground floor. There are many other restaurants on the slopes offering panoramic views and delicious meals, with dozens more cafes and restaurants in town offering everything from quick snacks to gourmet delights.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nooner, most of the Tour Ops will sell you a pass on the bus to resort - I am with Panorama who guarantee that you cannot buy cheaper - so far they have met that guarantee.

For the beginners they will just need a Pas pass. For the others I recommend a full grandvalira pass. See website.

www.grandvalira.com

According to Panorama website a grandvalira pass is £114 ! You cannot be robbed !!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nooner Been to Pas a couple of times and we found that the ski hire in the brochuer was more expensive than if we booked direct with a local shop online. But when we got to resort the price they were selling hire on the transfer bus was as cheap as we got online. So I would wait until the transfer. It's generally much easier to do all your transactions with the Reps in euros, so I suggest you take plenty away with you.

There are a couple of nice restaurants around but the food in the Himalaia should be pretty good. Make sure you visit the Underground bar!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
provenjohn, Sounds like a good restaurant, will check it out.

Paul Mason, Thanks Paul, we bought on the bus last year in Ischgl & it was a good price, so will probably go for that this year

Obsessed_intermediate, Yes Ive been hearing a lot about the Underground - sounds like a laugh, is it the best for apres?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The underground is legendary mainly because the music is awesome (if you like indie rock all night) and the bar staff don't really seem to understand how to charge for a drink. On my most recent trip I left barely able to walk having spent about 15 euros. The Underground is small and it doesn't really get lively until 11.00, so it kind of depends on your definition of apres. There aren't too many sit outside and drink places in Pas after the lifts close, because the sun disappears behind a mountain (depending on time of year) long before 5 and it gets rather cold.

Sure you'll have a great trip. But take some music or reading for the transfer as it can be annoying.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Obsessed_intermediate, Sounds like you had some good nights in the underground, cant say indie rock is my thing, but the cheap/free drink does! Any other bar tips?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy