Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best hotel / apartments in Le Lac - close to slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Never been to Tignes before but looking for a really nice hotel / apartment as close as poss to ski lifts for a trip in early April. We are a family.
I have googled but hard to know from maps - anyone got a few pointers for me?
Thanks Razz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there. We are currently staying at Le Lavanna Hotel that is right at the bottom of Trolles piste and with a choice of lifts pretty much on the doorstep with the whole area accessible easily. The hotel is lovely, food is terrific and there is also a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi free of charge. Oh and the ski lockers (free again) have boot heaters which is a real luxury, all in my opinion of course. We would definitely come back here again.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed in the Langley Tignes 2100 hotel at the beginning of Jan (Crystal), 2min walk to Palafour/snow square. I stayed with a mate in a twin room which was very 'bijou', but I think they did larger family rooms also. Hotel had a complete refit last year and finish is all top notch, would def stay there again!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@gigglesworthy, Welcome to sHs. I live in Le Lac for the winter. I suppose I have to ask how many in the family and a rough budget. Apartments can vary so much even within a block I would hesitate to recommend a block. There are one or two nice apartments in my building but they are quite large. For aa 3 start I would say the Gentiana, run by a very professional brother and sister. For 4 star with outdoor pool check out Les Campanules, again run by a family that have been here since the Dam. Both can be booked independently or as a package from the UK (Neilsons for Gentiana, Inghams for the Campanules. Both are within 100m of the slopes. Once you have checked prices let me know if they are within budget, if not we'll start again!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks so much @chocksaway, @p3rryn and @renmurew - your opinions are brilliantly helpful - love the location of the suggestions - right on the slopes.
Talking to friends, however, I'm told that whereas Le Lac area is lovely its further away. We have been to Val D'isere in the past skiing over to Tigne to take the Funiculaire up to Grande Motte - am I right in thinking that as you ski down that last hill and the funiculaire is on your left it is the beginning of Val Claret you can see to the right? Any advise on hotels there if we were to choose that location instead? Thank you, thank you!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

am I right in thinking that as you ski down that last hill and the funiculaire is on your left it is the beginning of Val Claret you can see to the right?

Yes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gigglesworthy wrote:
Thanks so much @chocksaway, @p3rryn and @renmurew - your opinions are brilliantly helpful - love the location of the suggestions - right on the slopes.
Talking to friends, however, I'm told that whereas Le Lac area is lovely its further away. We have been to Val D'isere in the past skiing over to Tigne to take the Funiculaire up to Grande Motte - am I right in thinking that as you ski down that last hill and the funiculaire is on your left it is the beginning of Val Claret you can see to the right? Any advise on hotels there if we were to choose that location instead? Thank you, thank you!

You are right re location of the funicular, but its wrong to say Lac is "further away".

The hotels mentioned upthread are only 100 yards from the Toviere bubble, and the top of that takes you straight down to La Daille (Val D) or across and up one lift and you are at the Olympic.

I go to Tignes a lot and Lac is very central - nothing against Val C, but given the choice I would always choose Lac.

We stayed in the Chalet Hotel Rosset thru Ski Total this year, good hotel, great location just along from the aforementioned Campanules, pool, sauna, steam room and very good staff.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If staying in VC, I find The Diva Hotel is very well positioned (for slopes/ski hire/supermarket) and perfectly fine to stay in (regarding food/service/bedrooms).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This may help:-
http://en.tignes.net/holidays/getting-around/interactive-map
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all - and yes @nelly0168 I see what you mean now - have had a look at a piste map - I guess I was thinking of where the funiculaire is and up from there rather than to le lac. Thank you for your advise and recommendation - much appreciated. Likewise recommendation for the Diva Hotel from Old Fartbag. Interactive map fab - thank you all!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@gigglesworthy, Club Med fronts onto the area that you described as you ski down into Val Claret.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy