Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heads up on Decathlon ski stuff.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Called in to Decathlon this afternoon to exchange an item. Was told by the manager that it would have to be ordered in as they have stopped restocking any ski related stuff.

Quick scan down the ski aisle and there is already quite a bit of discounted stuff. Lots of boots reduced (if you're ok with something off the shelf). Large roller type ski bag £35. Own brand goggles plus some Julbo ones. Didn't get chance to look at clothing but I've found their Merino base layers are pretty good.

Probably worth a look if there's a store near you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Odd. Is this a national policy? What does the website say?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's the same every year. They sell most ski stuff before Christmas so by mid-January there's only what's left and they usually start discounting. Bargains to be had.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Website has 'get ready for skiing' on the front page.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are the prices in store same as the website?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm heading to Coventry Decathlon shortly. I'll report back...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @Badbobby, I am eyeing up some men's skis.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought some stuff in Decathlon Oxford last weekend - I can confirm that the stock seemed to be a bit sparse; there were quite a few adult ski jackets left, very few trousers but I found a pair that fit me for £30. There still seemed to be a reasonable stock of helmets, and I picked up an own-brand one with MIPS that fit nicely. I found a jacket for youngest daughter that was heavily reduced down to £20.

+1 for Decathlon merino base layers.

Decathlon has now become my kids' favourite shop because they get to play on scooters!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Almost nothing on offer in Coventry.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't usually look at higher end ski stuff in Decathlon, but in Lisbon we usually have the first wave of Jan sales in Jan (!) and then the second wave, ie extra discounts for stuff that didn't sell, in Feb, until say 24 Feb. That's in all shops and Decathlon follows that pattern. Never noticed if/when they try to clear their shelves of ski gear. Seems really odd to do it in Jan though, before the Feb half-term break.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy