Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dragon Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

I'm upgrading my gear piece at a time and i'm on goggles this season. I like the styling of the range Dragon have but it's hard to find any decent honest reviews and the guy at Ellis Brigham knew less about them than me.

Is there anyone here with first hand experience who can give some frank honest opinions on the merits of the X1, X2 and NFX2 models?

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey @Ispen, welcome.

I have a set of Dragon goggles i bought myself as a wedding present*, so that must be about four years ago. They're still fine, although I did trash a set of lenses in the rain once and bought a replacement. Good optics, no issues with clouding up, nice and comfortable. Easy enough to switch between bright light and low light lenses. The elastic is starting to look a bit tired and I've knackered the box they came in, but functionally they're still good.

I don't know which model I have or what are the differences between them. Shape and size I guess? I would expect the lenses to be basically equivalent.

* I bought a set for husband too and his are also still going strong.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ispen wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm upgrading my gear piece at a time and i'm on goggles this season. I like the styling of the range Dragon have but it's hard to find any decent honest reviews and the guy at Ellis Brigham knew less about them than me.

Is there anyone here with first hand experience who can give some frank honest opinions on the merits of the X1, X2 and NFX2 models?

Thanks!

These goggles you chose look good from the outside but in fact they give less field of view than a framed set. I tried them and went for the Dragon Rogue. I think they are great.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@GlasgowCyclops, All comes down to The Rules then. snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dragon are great. Expensive and you get what you pay for.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have the nx2 but a few years old. They're great. Super easy lens change, can do it on the gondola easily. Much easier lense swap than the Scott's. No wind leakage problems either. Expensive but really good.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had the APX's for the last couple of seasons and wont buy them again. a lot is down to the way I treat them but frameless ones are just to prone to scratching for me, the seemed to fog up on just about ever single outing as well Sad

fairly annoyed at how they change the lens plug pattern every year as well so buying replacement lenses is a real pain as well.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My mate has APX2 and he highly rates them. From the clarity of the lenses, ease of swapping them out, performance of the low light lense, to the absence of any fogging (all according to him).

No personal experience though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy