Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 Consecutive weeks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The girlfriend and I are going snowboarding for a 2 week trip start of March to mid-March.

A friend of ours would like to come but can only make it for one week, so quick transfer times would be a plus.

So we're looking for potentially two resorts to minimise travel time. We also thought about 2 weeks in Morzine with the first week buying the Morzine pass and the second week getting the bus to Avoriaz and doing Porte du Soleil.

Any other reccomendations?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could arguably do one week based in Morzine (but you may well want PdS passes anyway) and a week somewhere in the Grand Massif e.g. Flaine or Les Carroz?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 13 day PDS pass is cheaper than a 7 day Morzine-Les Gets pass and a 6 day PDS pass. Lift pass prices are on this link.
http://www.lesgets.com/lesgets/docs/glisse/DSGM-Tarifs_BD-Complet.pdf
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mrwayne, I would try to go for 2 completely different areas. Unless you are beginners you will get bored otherwise
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Paradiski is an option, La Plagne one week, Les Arcs the other. One lift pass covers both. Both quite close to each other and if there's ski trains still, easy for your mate.
Stay by the Vanoise Express and you may not even need to move (though tbh it's probably better to spend a week on one side and another on the other - but the move could be by the cable car.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did two weeks at Easter a few years ago, Alpe d'Huez/Les Deux Alpes.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
La Rosiere and Les Arcs would be good for totally different areas right next to each other, so transfer between the two would be ok.

Or pair Ste Foy with any of Les Arcs, Tignes, La Rosiere to give a nice contrast between a bijou area and much larger domains. All very close to each other.

La Tania for access to 3 valleys with Champagny en Vanoise for access to the whole of Paradiski.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would note that other than architectural diffferences, Morzine and Avoriaz are hardly two different stations...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Morzine if rubbish for snowboarders everyone heads straight to Avoriaz so you'd want the PDS pass both weeks.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the PdS pass suggestion, I didn't realise that.

We've been to Les Arcs in January.

Why is Morzine rubbish for snowboarders?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What about Austria? The Salzburg Super Ski card covers a huge area, 2,700km over 25 different ski regions, most of these are an easy transfer from Salzburg airport.

http://www.salzburgsuperskicard.com/en

What about Italy? The Dolomiti Superski pass covers 1200+km over 16 ski areas, not too far from cheap flights into Treviso.

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/ski-area/dolomiti-superski
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've done a couple of two weekers. First time I went was a two weeker in Tignes. Didn't get bored but was a newbie, had lessons both weeks and had a more experienced buddy to cruise with in the afternoons.

Also did a split two weeker - Courcheval and Serre Chevalier.

Either way works. A two weeker in one place means you really get to know the area if you didn't already, more likely to get good conditions at some point and there is no faff of moving half way through. Though a split one probably just edges in terms of freshening things up and if you really want to get to two places. I wouldn't pick two places as far apart as we did but then again I see no point in moving to a different station in the same ski area.

An ADH/Serre option would work well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy