Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just treated myself to a new pair of Oakley Goggles direct from the Oakley website. I have experienced absolutely shocking service and I was wondering if any of you lovely people had experienced the same?

It has been 3 weeks since order date and my Goggles are currently sat at Charles De Gaulle airport as they didn't provide an import invoice despite FedEx claiming they had the package at a nearby depot. They have kindly refunded me 25% of the order but still no progress.

Even speaking to the local ski shop they have experienced waits of 7/8 weeks for Goggles.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MiserableYoungMan, I've never had a problem with buying from http://uk.oakley.com/, but I have only bought sunglasses or goggles lenses, rather than new goggles. That is because it is almost always cheaper to buy goggles from anyone else at 5-10% or more discount.

You don't say where you are located or which Oakley site you bought from. I assume you where after a particular unique model. I typically receive items in 3-4 days when in the UK from the UK website. Ordering directly from the USA website for delivery to European country, could easily take more than a week. It sounds like you have experienced a back office mistake, with the missing import invoice, and the 25% refund appears to be a generous acknowledgment of that.

Most retailers will have ordered their winter stock the previous spring, so ordering a one off during the season, will be slower.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are also dozens of spam/fake Oakley sites - so be careful out there
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never had a problem and I rate their customer service highly.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why would you buy direct?

I bought some from an online retailer recently. Good price and delivered within days.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Always been ok tbh. 2-3 days for goggles and replacement lenses.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oakley have been, for me, exemplary when it comes to customer service. Ordered spare lenses for goggles without a hitch and they repaired a old pair of A-Wire sunglasses for me years after they went out of production, after I'd botched a repair to them, and sent an apology note for not being able to colour match the exact colour of the replacement arm to the frame, so had done the other arm to match. And they did it all it for free!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Always bought via a 3rd party, but when a lens cracked Oakley could not have been more helpful, and in the end, just sent us another pair of goggles.
HOWEVER, the Customs thing is most defo a PITA, and almost impossible to plan around sometimes. Both you and Oakley have my sympathy!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If your goggles are being flown in as an individual package, then it's possible you aren't buying from Oakley Europe.

Look for words like Oakey and Oakrey in the warranty documentation.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have only heard of good customer service from Oakley themselves. Haven't purchased anything from them direct though although people I know who have had no issues. As above, it does seem strage that a single pair of presumably non custom goggles are being shipped via Paris?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I only ordered direct as it was the only place I could find the specific colour Prizm lenses I was after. I'm absolutely sure that no fake Oakley site would have offered me a 25% refund and I have already received this credit before the goggles.

Apparently according to my mother who Oakley kindly called, they are part of a bulk order into the UK but they couldn't explain why they were in Paris.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy