Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fed up with "European queueing"?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's also another good reason (as if you needed one! Wink ) to join the Dark Side. With our inate ability to hide out of view in the middle of the piste just over the brow of a hill, you'd be able to avoid detection without any difficulties. Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I once skied with someone who had a white one-piece. He also liked chocolate milk and, being overconfident of his skiing (like many one-piece owners), had a plastic litre bottle of it in his pack. After falling flat on his back he had brown rivulets running down the back of his legs. I pretended I wasn't skiing with him.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used to have a white two-piece. I recently lent it to a friend - when he returned from bulgaria he bought it off me as the high temperatures (14 +) had caused ice to melt in the poles of the poma lifts and the resulting rusty water had dribbled out in a rather embarrassing location...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing Laughing @ nbt
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In Courmayeur this year i had a couple of italian youngsters of about 6 or 7 trying to push through the whole que, they both ended up trampling all over my board and hitting me in the back of the legs with their skis. I turned round and glared at them, but being 6'4" and them 4'0" i doubt they could see, not that they would have taken any notice i guess? They ending up sliding over my board. My board was new and ended up covered in scratches, sliced my boots and trousers! v Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil The board (was) nice and shiney so they were not able to get any grip they ended up with one ski either side of my board which they couldn't correct the problem themselves, so being the helpful person i was.........i leant a helping hand.................picked each one up and deposited them over the barrier meaning they had to que all over again.

The lift que fell around in hysterics and i got a load of cheers. An Italian ski instructor giggled at me and went and explained (in no uncertain terms) to the kids to que up properly and respect other peoples equipment!! I thought this was novel from an Italian but much appreciated!!! They actually apologised when they reached the top as the instructor asked me to wait.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dan's the Man!: well done. Often thought of similar action but never had the nerve.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If someone does get in front of me after queue jumping I just stand on the tails of their skis and look admiringly at the distant mountains. Doesn't really change the situation but I find it fun snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was told the story of a guy who rudely pushed himself to the front of a drag queue being dealt with by the person behind him: just as rude-boy got onto the button the guy behind rammed his poles hard down on rude-boys rear bindings, and.....you can imagine the glorious result.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim, I have so wanted to do this but never had the guts.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

An Italian ski instructor giggled at me and went and explained (in no uncertain terms) to the kids to que up properly and respect other peoples equipment!!

I'm astonished Exclamation We have about 70% italians here in the summer, and I actually teach people how to push better than them in the queues, which is good fun most of the time. If one of them pushes too badly (and the kids are the worst) I usually report them to the lifties who make them go to the back Toofy Grin I have released someones bindings before now though - great satisfaction as they fall out Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy