Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens Easter Weekend 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and my daughter are off to VT on a Thursday to bank holiday Monday ski trip.

It looks like my only option for lessons for her is private cos all the cartels, I mean schools, only do Mon to Friday lessons. Is this right?

If this is right, if any parents have kids, red run capable, and want their kids in a lesson (9-1pm Fri Sat and Sun) let me know as this could get damn pricey if she is on her on in a private!

S
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look up a company called ski cool and send them an email with what you need. I've used them twice and on both occasions they have been able to sort us 3 days worth with no drama. The tuition was excellent also (of course cant promise will have similar experience!)

Was taught by a lady called Joelle the first time and Phillipe the second - iirc they were husband and wife, or at least partners. Both fab, especially Joelle. May well have retired now!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@The_Fordy, keep an eye on the thread for the EoSB, as there may well be some instructors heading to VT for that weekend who you might hook up with a couple of days before the rear of the Snowheads arrive.

But I'll also be interested in what responses you get, as I'm looking for a range of instruction for my family.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well if u want share the cost of a private let me know!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm, maybe. As it stands, we are planning to drive down Friday and have rooms booked in Chambery for Friday night, aiming to be in VT by mid morning on Saturday. But maybe...

Last year I arranged a private instructor from ESF Courchevel for 3 of my children, and was very happy - as were the children. Alain, a silver fox of some 60 years by my reckoning, had the three of them skiing Creux and the Saulire by the end of the week. So yes, while definitely more expensive than group lessons, I felt that sharing one instructor amongst three children (aged 13-9) was good value.

I should say also that I don't have a major problem with the ESF. I know that other people aren't so keen and indeed there are some truly shocking stories posted up here and other forums. But I go on my experience and that has been acceptable, albeit mixed.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@The_Fordy, @tomj, Be sure to hook up with us on the EOSB in the Oxalys. You can push the button on the EOSB thread to say you'll be in the area to get updates on the goings on. snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@geepee, I'm on the EoSB, with the entire family.

I'm looking to find a suitable instructing set up for my kids, ideally sharing with a few others, and a nice easy going group of blue cruisers for my wife (who isn't a very keen skier). And if I've got everyone sorted and happy, a boarding companion for myself, but I'll go with skiers or boarders who mainly do reds, maybe occasional black and perhaps a bit of off-piste.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy