Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intersport Tignes Ski Hire. Impressions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, Just weighing up the various ski hire options in Tignes. The ski company I have booked my holiday use Intersport. I was wondering if anyone has used them recently in Tignes for ski hire? If so what was the choice of ski's like, quality of ski's (newish ski's, 2016 models) & service etc.

OF on here used skiset (Deep Snow shop) in Tignes VC & had an overall good experience with them. Their web site seems much better as well.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea, but hire through alpinresorts through this link and it will be cheaper. (And Snowheads will receive a ha'penny or two too.)

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/wheeeee.php?to=alpres
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it's the one that's on the right as you come into Le Lac (Just before underground car parks) then we had a good experience with them a couple of years ago.
A family of intermediate skiers, so our demands are not that high, but they were efficient and friendly - and seemed to be reasonable kit for what we paid. they also replaced my son's poles without question (or charge) when he dropped them from a chairlift into the most completely inaccessible part of the mountain Smile
(And despite us having declined the insurance)
As mentioned already, if the shop is convenient, then it's worth looking to see if it's cheaper to go through a 3rd party like alpinresports or snowbrainer.
Seems counter-intuitive to be cheaper when a 3rd party are taking a cut, but does seem to be the case?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We used intersport last week.

New skis, good edges, good swift service at the shop. Set up to correct numbers etc.

In summary, no problems.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are 4 Intersports in Tignes - do you have any idea which shop? They are franchises so they do vary.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chocksaway wrote:
There are 4 Intersports in Tignes - do you have any idea which shop? They are franchises so they do vary.

No sorry. Didn't realise the franchise bit. As there are so many ski hire shops in Tignes I suppose they all have to compete - not just price but on quality of kit. I don't mind paying a bit more if its good quality & fairly new.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy