Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lifts for non-skiers in La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've got a couple of baby-sitting relatives who won't be skiing coming with us to La Plagne later in Feb.

I've found the La Plagne website just about the hardest to get my head around for simple, comprehensive information (perhaps its just my lack of familiarity with the various villages etc) but just wanted to get some clarity on pedestrians using gondolas etc as a trip up a mountain for a hot chocolate is an obligatory trip for any non-skier in a resort, surely!

According their website, there are pedestrian rates. There's a 38 euro pass for 7 days, which excludes the Vanoise Express (I understand all of that!!). But apart from that, all of the lifts priced on their tariffs are "aller simple". Whilst on a nice day a ride up and a walk down might work, am I being thick in translating "aller simple" as being "one way" when it really means "up and down once" (assuming the top stations don't check lift passes), or does it really mean that to get up and down you'd have to buy two "aller simple"?

The full list is:-
7 Jours Piéton (hors Vanoise Express) 38,00 €
Aller simple Glacier de Bellecôte 13,00 €
Aller simple télécabine : Roche de Mio, Funiplagne 8,00 €
Aller simple télésiège : La Roche, 1800, Montchavin, Pierres Blanches 6,50€
Aller simple télécabine de Champagny 6,50€
Aller simple télécabine Lac Noir, Montalbert 8,00€
Aller simple télécabine des Coches 3,00€
Aller simple télécabine du Vanoise Express 7,00€
Aller-retour télécabine Vanoise Express 13,00€

Also, are "in resort" lifts (particularly interested in Telemetro as we're staying in Aime) free for all to use? Are there any other lifts in / around town which are accessible to all with or without ski passes?

When new non-skiers come with us I like to be at least moderately authoratitative about the area so I don't send them off on a wild goose chase with a hypothermia risk (!) so just trying to bring myself up to speed in the meanwhile!!

Thanks for any help!

(I'll link this post to the La Plagne season thread so it can be cross referred).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Put simply: Going up is chargeable coming back down is free.

Telemetro is free, the frequent buses which link the altitude villages are also free, (technically I think you have to have a lift pass but I have never seen anyone asked for one) If you are staying in Aime 2000 I doubt they would get over to the Vanoise Express on foot or indeed down to Montalbert. There is however a nice winding footpath all the way down to 1800. (get the bus back up).
The purist office does a map for pedestrians.

One must do is the trip up to the Glacier, they can get the bus around to Belle Cote and then walk through to the bubbles, there is a separate lane for pedestrians.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, that's what I hoped (and expected). I wonder if there is some colloquialism which means my GCSE-translation of "aller simple" falls short!

I do like the sound of a "purist office" Happy

Seriously though, very helpful. Many thanks! Knew I was over-thinking it!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@larkim, stupid phone ....or user Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy