Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jimmy choo's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
richmond,
yeh it is the place where anyone that comes to viisit us wants to go....and where we try to avoid, you can either get a shirt that costs a fortune or you can go with £100 and buy something but you can never say a want a shirt costing no more than £100, the only one you like will be £150
or alternatively you will come awy with nothing like i usually do
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CEM, Pedal, athough i dont need the pedals, gravity does the work. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
£100 for a shirt. Bloody hell.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
richmond,

very nice shirt mind you .....or prehaps £1000 for a suit from a top designer....reduced from £4500 Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

why is it that if you go to a shop and spend £300 on a pair of Jimmy Choo's, wear them to a dance and they give you blisters do you not take them back to the shop, jump up and down, swearing at the shop assistant and demanding a refund...............

but if there is the slightest pain in a ski boot (costing about the same or possibly less) the shop and the fitter are the devil incarnate.

i ask this as a bootfitter (developed thick skin over the years) it is something i hear in every shop i go into be it this country or in resort, and i am sure every bootfitter looking at this will concure. and in most cases the problems require a minor adjustment to make the boot perfect, yet i have seen people unwilling to accept this. Obviously there are more problems if the boot is not fitted properly in the first place, but there will always be some settlng in of the liner to the foot (and vise versa) which may require a tweak.

just read a thread that suggested that if the boots the skier bought from Profeet were not perfect from that moment he would be very disapointed

Is it the fact that the skier is loosing HOLIDAY time with sorting out the problems

Is it because there is a culture of 'this peice of footwear should be perfect'

many people say to me when i see them that they expect boots to hurt.....this is definately not the case they should not hurt...but they do require fitting and possible modification to stop them from hurting unless of course your feet came out of a box

i am not looking for a barrage of abuse, just an insight into why this happens and the thoughts that people have

I know this quote is from the start of this thread but ive only just read it. CEM you make a really good point. I went into MK branch of Ellis Brigham a few saturdays ago and they were rammed. The bootfitters were all working flat out and serving more people than i could count. However, all you heard was nearly every person complaining that the boots they tried on were too tight. Now i must admit when i brought my boots from there i did exactly the same, and i was very concerned about my toes. However my boots are great, better than i ever expected them to be. I think that people forget that the bootfitters are only trying to help you and they dont want you to go away on holiday and have a nightmare with your boots. I imagine they could easily stop everyones concerns by just upsizing but i can see now how this would have caused me no end of problems. I guess buying a ski boot is a bit of a commitment, but the skier should take into account that the bootfitter is only advising them what to buy and telling the skier what they should be feeling for a good fit. When people buy the wrong boot they have to accept some responsibility as they were the ones who handed over the cash, no one forced them too. I dont know if ive got this wrong, but in the last year i've been a regular at Ellis Brigham in MK and they are always happy to give me advice. But what i have realised is that I really didn't know as much as i thought i did about skiing and that now that I truely understand WHY my boots fit tightly and like they do, i think i've worked out how hard the job of bootfitting is.

Keep up the good work
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy