Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help! Need some cheap gloves in the three valleys?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya

Does anyone have any idea where we can find any gloves cheaper than 50€ in the 3 valleys at all?
We're here with a friend and he's somehow managed to lose his and can't really afford to buy more at the prices we're seeing.

I know it's unlikely, but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks

Angelina
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have transport, Declathlon in Albertville. If you don't, the nearest Twinner store http://ski-hire.twinner-sports.co.uk/ski-resort There's one in Meribel (opposite the Rond Point Bar/Restaurant) and several in the Belleville valley resorts. They always seem to have some cheaper stuff than most.

50€ is a reasonable budget for fabric gloves, I know Salomon make two pairs with retail prices of 40€ and 50€. If you're nowhere near a Twinner, try an Intersport shop.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The larger supermarkets Carrefour and Super U down in Moutiers sometimes have some. Decathlon is a good call.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In PdS the lifties and pisteurs have the yellow leather gloves with sheepskin lining. These can be bought from local hardware stores for EUR14.5 in Maco or EUR14.0 in Voiron. Our family of 5 has used these for snowboarding every weekend for the last 3 seasons with no issues. Given that the lifties and pisteurs use them then they must be onto something. I would try Weldom or another large Brico or quincallerie - which.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know its too late for the OP now, but my advice to others is to always take a cheap second pair on holiday with you just in case. Particularly for kids who have a habit of losing things. I'd rather spend £7 in Aldi or Sports Direct on a pair of insurance gloves I'll never use rather than have to fork out 50 Euros in a resort when a glove gets dropped off a chair lift or left in a restaurant.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My gloves have bands you put round your wrist, hard to lose.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've carried a spare pair of gloves for around 25 years, never needed them, but more than once had to lend them to someone!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Norrin Radd, If you are having an apres ski drink do you still have them on your wrist or put them on the table? Or more significantly when visiting the toilet
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rhythmpig, have a chat with a friendly barman on your apres stop. They'll probably have loads of pairs of misplaced gloves.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rhythmpig, You can order via the French Amazon website, and they will deliver next day to the 3 valleys. I have done this when needing stuff urgently. Use the Chrome browser, and the site will be translated for you into English (if you can't read French). You just sign-in with your UK username and password.

Not only that, but you can sign-up for Amazon Prime 30 day trial on the French website, and next day delivery will be free. Then just cancel the trial. This works, even if you have previous take a trial on the UK website.

Failing that, just go to a lift station and ask the folks if they have any unclaimed lost gloves lying around!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@johnE, I always sit on them, keeps them warm. But I take your point.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Intersport in Meribel centre will probably sort you out. Ski down from the Saulire side towards the Chaudanne. Bear right just after the Adret lift and ski down to the escalator to the town centre. You'll come out into a square with the tourist office on your right. Walk down the hill and you'll find the Intersport on the right hand side just past the pharmacy. Any change you have should be spent on pain au raisin in the Glaciers bakery on the way back to the pistes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Norrin Radd wrote:
@johnE, I always sit on them, keeps them warm. But I take your point.

Even better, I stick them inside my jacket under my armpits wedged in the top of my sleeves.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy