Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half Term Skiing? CYPRUS!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Ever looking to got off the beaten track, this year we are tackling Cyprus for a half term ski. It may be a mistake or it may be the answer to lots of people looking to escape somewhere different for half term. I am going this year so will report back. The driving point - 3 daughters all wanting something different. One ski mad and experienced confident on blacks, one inexperienced and if i don't keep her interested may be lost to the dark side and the third who is actually a good skier but has lost her nerve on high slopes (tree skiing no problem). The two not so keen skiers wanted somewhere warm and the skier wanted skiing. This may be the answer to satisfy all or end in disaster. February is average 18 degrees at the beach whilst skiing is at the height of the limited season. Genius or madness? Warmer than Spain. Soon going to find out and will let you know. One thing is for sure it is cheaper than most of the normal ski holidays.

For those of you worrying about me being a mean Dad. Ski mad gets 5 ski days in the Dolomites with me in March, 10 ten days after we get back. The other two will get a summer holiday and time on a beach later this year. This is my attempt to get them all to go with me at the same time.

From my side I had 6 days skiing at Christmas, not long been back from 2.5 days in Austria (both good holidays and deserve a write up), 2-3 days in Cyprus (fingers crossed), 5 days skiing booked in the Dolomites (as mentioned) and another 3 day ski at the end of March (managed to get the Company to pay towards a team building ski weekend Smile) so maintaining the balance with a ski trip to NZ in the planning for beginning of August. Love the white stuff Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you'll have skied it in an afternoon but plenty of other things to do on cyprus Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Nadenoodlee. Am guessing the same however I have one spent 4 hours at MK before so hopefully I can take the same attitude (he says with fingers crossed).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My uncle lived there and used to ski in the morning and quad bike in the afternoon @Londonboy50, hardly a hardship Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spent a couple of years there in the 90's. you'll ski everything in one morning, but you'll have some fun as it lap city. if the snow is good then there is some fantastic tree skiing and a little off piste that never got skied except for the brave and stupid. hardly anybody except for the forces ski in the week and at the weekend people just drive up to look at the snow, some higher skis and tried to kill themselves and anyone in their way, and the t bars could be a little stressful when people decide to dismount but no more so than any where else. The equipment was all second hand normally shipped from Europe. There was 1 black that wasn't really, just unpisted and full of moguls and falling novices. 1 Redish and a few little blue runs. I had my best snow day ever in Cyprus after snowing solid for about 36 hours and dropping about 70 cm of snow not many folks made it up to Troodos let alone Mt Olympus, and as the forces had a base in Troodos with our trucks just 27 lucky souls had the whole mountain to play with and the at the end of the day I took my group down the main road back into Troodos. I used to drive up from Limasol in my mazda 323 with chains put on at the snow line, if I wasn't at Troodos.
It more like a small club hill than a destination. I can say that I never had a bad days skiing, but I don't think that I could say that about anywhere except Cairngorns when it the just rained and I had to give up because it was just miserable.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow, looks different. Just checked out the piste map and its a drawing.

I would love to know how you get on so please come back with a review. Have a fantastic time and I hope it's a real hidden gem for you.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cyprus:
Ski in the morning
Waterski in the afternoon.
Brandy Sours as the sun goes down on the Mess patio.

Now why did I never get a permanent posting there??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If ski mad complains it's too small or boring, tell her to do everything on one leg. Or backwards.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy