Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand St Bernard

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I want to leave my car in Italy, take a bus through the GStB tunnel to skin up to the G st B hospice, stay for the night , then ski back to the car . Anyone know :
1. Does a bus service exist between Italy and the Swiss end of the G St B tunnel ?
2 How long is the skin up to the Hospice
3. Is the Ski down into Italy (to say St Rhemes en Bosses) O.K. ?
Any advice most gratefully received
Dave
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When we drove over in the Autumn we gave a lift to a couple of hitching ski tourers. Me ght be an alternative if no bus suitable?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
drove over the pass this weekend and no chance of skinning or skiing off piste...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a bus that runs between Aosta and Martigny and stops at the Swiss end of the tunnel.

I think it's about a two hours skin, but not done it.

There used to be an itinerary down to Etroubles for me summit of the old ski resort at St Bernard, so you could access that route skinnig up from the hospice. There won't be much snow at the bottom at the moment, but it will be doable.

Sounds like a great excursion. Have fun!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
or go up to Crevacol, drop down the other side and skin up the italian side of the pass.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Steve Sparks, indeed there was.

About five years' ago, my partner was offered a grand day out by our great friend Jochen, down this pitch. They arrived, did the blacks on the CH side, then went over the top, onto what was a chopped, icy, generally cra++y descent, which took hours. Jochen said 'I don't understand it, this was nicely pisted last time that I did it...'. My partner prudently asked 'when did you last do this, then?'. Jochen mused and then said, quite seriously, '...in 1988..'. Grief. The planned Italian lunch became an unrealistic dream, and by running full tilt through the village, in ski boots, they managed to get the last bus back to CH.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skimottaret, that doesn't make any sense.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was very brown, if you like skinning up picking your way through rocks I guess doable but from the road didnt look skiable to me... the little bunny slope was open though..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy