Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Running in Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter and her family are going to be in Verbier at half-term. She and the grandchildren will be skiing. But her husband has never really got the hang of skiing, has had a knee injury, and intends not to ski. He asks the following...

Quote:

Can you ask your snowheads group about running near/around Verbier? I am probably going to buy some special shoes which are designed for running in the snow, and wonder if there are some known routes I could hunt out.......?

Any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Give skiing another chance!

Can't be that bad a knee injury if he's running - get some lessons and try again. Love running but seriously..........
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Boris, +1. I've yet to see a jogger smile.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Boris, Exactly.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@planeurge, plenty of options. Depends if he wants to invest in a lift pass or not. With a pass Ruinettes to la Chaux and up to Cabane Mt fort works well or ruinteestes to croix de cœur and back - check avalanche risk!

No pass - Verbier to marlenaz via sonalon. Verbier to Sarrayer along the route de soleil, and plenty of little paths around fonatanelle and down in the valley.

It's a beautiful place to run and we do it lots and smile all the time!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
planeurge wrote:
My daughter and her family are going to be in Verbier at half-term. She and the grandchildren will be skiing. But her husband has never really got the hang of skiing, has had a knee injury, and intends not to ski. He asks the following...

Quote:

Can you ask your snowheads group about running near/around Verbier? I am probably going to buy some special shoes which are designed for running in the snow, and wonder if there are some known routes I could hunt out.......?

Any ideas?

Try snowshoeing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Steve Sparks, Thanks. he has looked at those itineraries. He responded
Quote:

Thanks. The one guy who posted something useful - have traced one of the routes on Google maps and looks the right kind of distance. Just wonder what the terrain is like! I did take a look at the Verbier tourist website and there seem to be plenty of things roundabout, just a case of finding them and navigating them!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

The one guy who posted something useful

Oi Toofy Grin

I like to run a lot, but based on the information available I am intrigued about not having got the hang of skiing Puzzled Accept it is not for everyone and there are plenty of posts here asking for resorts suitable for non-skiers, so if running's your thing then fine.

I'm basically being nosey
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowshoeing is an excellent form of exercise and there are lots of good snowshoe trails in the area. Frankly, although there are a few running events in Verbier, on piste, I've never come across them. Alternatively, if it's not snowy in the valley, you could take the télécabine down to le Chable and run down in the valley.

We now snowshoe whenever the weather is grotty for skiing. I also like how you can get away from the crowded pistes into the woods but still be near to your base. We do the routes around the La Tzoumaz télécabine. Someone fitter than us could do some of the longer walks up to Savoleyres from La Tzoumaz.

The walks along the bisses would be a good start - these are the old irrigation channels that took glacier water down to the vineyards and orchards in the valley. They have a very small incline so easy to make good progress. There's one above Verbier and another, the Bisse Saxon, above la Tzoumaz.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've run in lots of ski resorts - if > 1500 m generally, quite tricky for a few days, then start to get into it and running feels really easy when get back.

I always go in morning - lovely and quiet

Verbier - up hill, left onto road below church, left down hill and left traverse and back up again - do some circuits / hilly and hard to find flat bits

Tignes - brilliant, around lake

Val disere - up sides of valley - very good for flats and hills

Chamonix - Argentiere and Les Bois best as can access cross country ski route - beautiful

Switzerland - recently Klosters and zermatt - Zermatt town running / klosters around farm land

You can always find somewhere to run!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@planeurge, Thank you. The terrain is quite understandably hilly to say the least. Good trail running shoes will work though. Some of the roads that aren't Cleared are a bit icy because we haven't had much snow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy