Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamrousse anyone ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to find out what peoples impressions of Chamrousse are, Skiing etc ? Also I believe it's quite close to Grenoble. Has anyone heard anything about a plan for a train running from either the airport / town of Grenoble up to this resort ? Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very quiet, very close to Grenoble, pretty tree-lined runs and stacks and stacks of snow at the moment. Last weekend it absolutly dumped down in the lower resorts around Grenoble (Villard de Lans also) so give it a go. Not heard of any above mentioned plans but the public transport on the buses is pretty efficient and dirt cheap.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thks Sarah, hoping to be able to "pop" in there at end of month. have you actually been on the ground /in resort lately ? trying to get some info on a new development being built there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never actually been there - bit of a disgrace as I live just 45 mins away!! However heard from a friend that works in an estate agents here that she has had several owners looking to sell their apartments here and move to Chamrousse as the snow for the past few years has been great and prices are that much more affordable.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I spent a week there once because there was no snow in Montgenevre and we moved a group over there instead. It was v nice - easy skiing, corking views over Grenoble, very French. We spent a lot of time in a bar decorated almost entirely with dead animals - scary.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only just spotted this item. Having promised our 6yr old grandson a ski trip(his 2nd to the alps, 1st Flaine) and basing it on economy we went with Crystal last March staying in an excellent appartment in 1750 with ski passes thrown in. Our total cost was about what the cost for one of us would have been in 3Vs or Val.
What a good choice for him, he loved the ski school and jumped two levels With E.S.F. My wife enjoyed the cruisy type skiing and I was able to find enough fun from 2250m. Where we stayed in 1750 seems fairly quiet(suits us) and has a free outdoor pool next to a low priced cafe, small supermarket, the usual ski shops, a baker and a couple of bars. We gave him the choice of where he wanted to go this season, we are going back to Chamrousse in a couple of weeks. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Type23,
There was talk of a cable car from Grenoble to Chamrousse if they were awarded the olympics in 2018,
but alas Annecy won the French nomination.
There is an article on pistehors about Chamrousse and its history written by Davidof.
http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Isere-Drome/Chamrousse
I have a place in Recoin 1650. Where is the new development located.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 23-02-11 0:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mike poulton,

I stayed in Chamrousse 1700 last Easter for a family trip, I think that's where you mean with your references to the outdoor pool, with the eastern European bakers?. Very comfy small but self-contained family resort and one I'd return to if the youngster was still young enough to benefit from the child discounts.

Hope you enjoy your return visit.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JimG2009, Yes, just looked at the piste map, it was 1700.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Type23, Have a look here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=73645
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One of my favourite resorts -- but I shouldn't be saying that because the absence of the package hords is what adds the charm of Champers Happy Seriously, it is great fun - tree lined slopes lower down, and basically one giant ski area/playground. The apartments at L'Arselle are modern, clean and rather nice. Night life maybe a bit limited for the hard core apres skiers, but there are a few bars. Good for young families IMO. Train from Grenoble to Chamrousse? No chance. It doesn't even run as far as the valley below anymore (Uriage).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy