Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coach travel to the alps - what companies?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
My first post on here - did a search & didn't come up with much.
We've booked a chalet in La Plagne & now looking for a coach operator to deliver us there. I believe there are some who go to Bourg St Maurice from where we can get local transport, just looking for any recommendations regarding comfort etc, We've travelled with Snowcoach in the past (who I wouldn't particularly recommend) so well aware of what overnight coach travel is like. Has anyone used Snowexpress, Ski Bus uk & do National Express still run their Eurolines service - can't find anything recent on it on the web. Don't want to use air travel as there isn't an airport local to La Plagne & tried to book rail service & nothing is available for the week we travel.
Thanx in advance for any info!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Russbost, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

http://www.eurolines.co.uk/coach/index.aspx will take you to Moutiers, which is only a short bus or taxi ride from La Plagne.

I'm surprised what you say about the train though - when are you going?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
do you mean there is no direct eurostar ski train the week you are going. Have you tried looking for the eurostar to paris and then TGV?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Russbost, welcome to snowheads. snowHead I went to La Plagne by train many moons ago - it stopped at Aime La Plagne, from which it was a short - and cheap - local bus ride. That was an overnight sleeper from Paris - we went on Eurostar to Paris then changed stations. I thought it was a great way to travel, though I wouldn't pay big money to sit up on a train overnight - rather pay little money to sit up on a coach.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are going 11th Feb, Eurostar direct not available (already full) looked at going to Paris then Corail Lunea sleeper, but only available one way, the TGV was, I think, only available at silly times eg arriving in the middle of the night & without reclining seats & the Rail Europe timetable doesn't "fit" well with the Eurostar to/from Paris, you finish up with long waits or impossible connections. Hence when we found Snowexpress looked quite interesting to still be able to get at least 7 &1/2 days skiing in, but was interested to know if anyone has experience of them or Ski bus uk (which gets you there earlier - hence 8 full days possible), or whether there was anything available that has better recliners/more comfort etc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Russbost wrote:
which gets you there earlier - hence 8 full days possible),

Surely you meant to say - 'gets you to the traffic jam on the N90 earlier'
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Surely you meant to say - 'gets you to the traffic jam on the N90 earlier'

Well, it's supposed to get in at 06.30 so I'd be quite surprised at a traffic jam that early!

Has no-one used Snowexpress or ski bus???? Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
try sncf-voyages.fr for normal rail times from Paris to Bourg...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Similar line to Ray Zorro -

http://www.skimeribel.co.uk/travel.php (no connection) - presume that they'd drop you off at Moutiers from where you can get a bus to La Plagne? I think they have seats that turn into full beds & I think are competitive on price? Not used them myself though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy