Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner-need advice and buddy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I am a complete beginner. Had some lessons and I get to grips with any sports pretty quick.
I have never booked a ski trip, have no idea where to go, would be looking at going mid February. Ideally as it's my first trip I don't want to be spending a fortune.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Jon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jon,

My only advice would be to avoid February half term if you want to keep it cheap!

I have always booked independently of holiday firms like Inghams etc... and found that I have saved money that way. Wherever you go, you'll have a fab time i'm sure.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's great thank you. Never done it before and just a spare of the moment decision as it's something I want to do.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jonnyboypoker1, UCPA through Action Outdoors
https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/activities/winter/skiing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can also recommend UCPA. Everything is included, hire, lessons, food but you need to book flights yourself and they can offer transfers from the airport.
You might want to look at beginners weeks with crystal, Inghams etc if you're nervous about booking independently.
But mid Feb is not cheap as it's half term, the most expensive time in the season.
If you can go in March or April it will be much cheaper but if you go in April you need to go to a high resort for more chance of snow.
Also. UCPA have hostel style dorms so you share so good option if you e n d up going alone. Book through Action Outdoors and you will be with English speaking roomies
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Jonnyboypoker1, welcome to sH.

Will you be doing this trip alone or with others?

Half term is more of an issue in famous places than in the other 85% of resorts, but it's a factor to consider.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy