Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll: what's the deal?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning on my first ski trip this march (18th - 25th) and Soll seems to be a cheap option for myself and the missus who are both newbies.

Going to go for either a 'pension' (Haus Niederacher) or a B & B called the Hotel Eggerwirt. Has anyonbe stayed at either of these and if so, what are they like? They look alright on the Airtours website although I've been told Austrian B & Bs are a bit basic.

Is Soll a good place to go for a beginner. It seems cheap enough for the pair of us at that time (just under £800 for the both of us - flight, accomodation for a week, plus full 6-day tutition and ski/boot hire).

What's the social side like and is it failry good value for meals and drinks?

Also, are there any good sightseeing opportunitites away from the slopes? The missus ain't that good at full-on stamina tasks so may need a day off the skis.

Pat
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I skied Soll last year and loved it.

Loads of skiing the SkiWelt area is enormous. Not sure what the conditions would be like in March, as we skied in February.

The ski school was also excellent, my instructor was wonderful. He was a Dutch chap called Hans and very patient, explained things well and most of all made it fun.

The Apres ski is some of the best I have ever experienced.

Austrian hotels can be a bit dodgy, have stayed in a couple nice ones and a couple dodgy ones. The hotel I stayed in was the Austria and you could not ask for a more central location. I saw the Eggerwirt and from memory it is also very central, but I haven't stayed there so can't comment.

The hire shop will also rent you ski garage space, so you don't have to carry your gear around with you at the end of the day.

Personally I would go ahead with it, I wanted to go skiing there this year, but was overruled. Am hoping we can go back there next year.

Hope this is of some help.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
animal,

In general Austrian BB, pensions and hotels are value for money. They are clean and tidy and although I don't know these hotels I'd be surprised if it was bad. Sounds like a good-ish starter holiday to me.
Let us know how it goes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy