Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solden for a Day

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Obergurgl/Hochgurgl next week and going to Solden for the day. We have lunch booked in the Ice Q - any tips to bear in mind - long blues and some reds suit us best. Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would suggest you take the morning to get up onto the glacier. You can do this on blues. Good photo spot with a platform overhanding the mountain and ski the tunnel.

To get back to the Ice Q you have to work your way back down and come back up on the Gais... lift. The area to the left of this lift catches the sun in the afternoon. Blues and reds in this area. Heidialm is a good spot for a sunny stop.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@timmythedog,
My wife prefers long blues and really enjoyed the blue down from Tiefenbachkogl. Getting there requires a bit of planning, but should be mostly blues, via Schwarze Schneid. ...but that's not even close to Ice Q, which is on Gaislachkogl, if memory serves.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My other half is in Obergurgl this week and went to Solden yesteday, they missed breakfast to catch the 7.45 bus, they were surprised to find the lifts already open when they got there. FWIW they are having a good time with the piste firm and can be scraped lower down by the end of the day, as with everywhere else fresh snow would be good.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Solden day is defo worth the effort. We went to the new gondola, something like gigglehof? which takes you straight to a nice area where BMW sponsor a couple of runs.

Then we went to the glacier which was brill.

We caught a bus at 8 45 which gave us a decent day out. Taxi home was 9E a head.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy