Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4 night trip to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any tips please? We are a party of 12 males with flights booked to Innsbruck for 02/03/17 to 06/03/17. First choice is Ischgl. But so far no offers have been received via their website or booking.com for B and B or Hotel. Have also tried these dates for Serfaus, St Anton, Solden, Obergurgl, Soll & Zillertal and still nothing at all is being offered! Been to all these resorts previously and don't recall having this issue before! Any thoughts welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@harvey13, i would just plug my dates into booking.com and see what comes up rather than wait for offers
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's 12 of you and you are looking for 4 days over a weekend. For reasons previously explained at length in many other threads you'll either need to look down valley or hold your nerve until much closer to the date unless you want to pay for 2 weeks upfront.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@harvey13, Good Luck. Zillertal has loads of B&B's along the valley, I'm surprised you haven't found something there. You may need to split the party..

For next time, the order in which to book short breaks is:
1. Accommodation
2. Flights
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies all
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red 27 wrote:

For next time, the order in which to book short breaks is:
1. Accommodation
2. Flights

You are surely jesting!
Flights first then ideally wait till nearer the time to see where the best snow is.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could stay in Innsbruck (plenty of bigger city hotels, nightlife) and catch the bus each morning to a different area - Patscherkofel, Axamer Lizums, Nordkette, Stubai.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@harvey13, there are places on AirBnB for those dates and that number of people. Do a search on Kirchberg for example - there's one at £211 per night, sleeps 14, cheap.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stay in Innsbruck and choose a different resort each day?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
harvey13 wrote:
Any tips please? We are a party of 12 males with flights booked to Innsbruck for 02/03/17 to 06/03/17. First choice is Ischgl. But so far no offers have been received via their website or booking.com for B and B or Hotel. Have also tried these dates for Serfaus, St Anton, Solden, Obergurgl, Soll & Zillertal and still nothing at all is being offered! Been to all these resorts previously and don't recall having this issue before! Any thoughts welcome.

when I booked Ischgl I could only get Saturday to Saturday and the hotel I stayed in (Silvretta) said they only do Sat to Sat...

However have been able to find different length breaks in Obergurgl (Hotel Gurglhof)

Skiing better in Ischgl than Obergurgl as you no doubt know - twice as much and more difficult. Both good choices for March of course!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@harvey13, You'll struggle, if you are straddling 2 weeks its not going to happen. Occupancy is high, its high season, all things are showing the snow is late this year and they will be holding off, if not booked already for full weeks.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Splitting the accommodation may be your only option as already suggested if you want to be "in-resort". Another option is to stay further down a valley and use ski/public service buses. Lots of Austrians do this, rather than pay top dollar. And distances aren't huge so you are not on the bus for hours. For example, Otztal for Solden and Obergurgl consider Umhausen or Lagenfeld or even Oetz (good access to Kuhtai but longer journeys to the aforementioned big resorts). At least in the Oetztal the public service buses run well into the evening so you can après ski in resort, maybe even eat and then go home (après is more low key down the valley - but with 12 of you I think you can make your own..!). There is a similar village half way between Innsbruck and Kuhtai but the name escapes me. There may well be something similar operating in the Zillertal - not sure.
While staying in Innsbruck has its attractions you will spend more time on skibuses (particularly if you want to go to Stubai) and will not be able to après in resort. I guess it depends on what you are looking for but staying out of resort and using buses may be a reasonable compromise. You may miss the first lift up - if you arise a bit late - but you will be able to ski to the end of the day in the Oeztal. Don't know about elsewhere - but you could easily check. Bus timetable can be found on-line (usually Little Angel )
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You need to be persistent and keep looking.
I have just booked 10/3 (Fri) - 13/3 (Mon). Flights were booked ages ago, but I couldn't find any accommodation in the (albeit ridiculously cheap) price range that my co-traveler wanted.
I was looking in Saalbach, Zell, Kitzbuhl, Soll, Schladming... nothing was matching through any route. (although... Hotel Haus Romeo matched... it's not *my* sort of hotel!!!)
Then, last week I tried the Schladming Tourist site again (bearing in mind that Booking.com, Ownersdirect, Hotels.com etc were all still claiming 0 space), and found a nice little Hotel in the centre of Schladming for a bargain price.

I never used to believe it when people claimed that hotels hold back their capacity hoping to get full week bookings... but it was certainly true for me this year.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got an offer from Hotel in St Anton.My cousin said last time he went there (about 3 years ago) the atmosphere had changed and it felt a bit moody?!I think he's talking cobblers.He said security roaming about forcing people to take ski boots off after a certain time.I know Ischgl has brought this in.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are just back from Mayrhofen (8 blokes) having stayed 4 nights at the Laendenhof. They were full on Saturday night (one of us who confirmed late slept in annex on first night) but otherwise seemed unusually quiet (judging by tables full at dinner). As others have said, trick of short trips is not to straddle a weekend, plenty of hotels will take a 4 night booking as long as you don't block 2 weeks. That said 12 is a lot, you might be best looking to book two B & B s and split the group.

Another suggestion, try Haus Monika in Mayrhofen, they are normally happy to take a 4 night booking.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy