Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne - inter resort transport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're going to Belle Plagne in March. I've noticed there are free shuttle buses and lifts between all the (higher) resort villages, and they run until the early hours too (including the gondola between Plagne Bellecote and Belle Plagne).

Question is: are you allowed on them with skis? Possible uses:
- if you cut it fine in the afternoon and missed the last lifts back from Plagne Centre, you could take the bus to Bellecote followed by the gondola back to Belle Plagne
- if you stayed out for apres ski / dinner in (say) Aime la Plagne, you could return by cable car - bus - gondola to Belle Plagne at 11pm
- during the day, if you didn't have a lift pass, you could ski between Belle Plagne and Bellecote and take the gondola back up
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If I remember right (and i might not) during the day you need a lift pass to use the Belle/Bellecote gondola, but they open it up to anyone after the rest of the lifts close. Though I didn't do it, I could see no reason you couldn't take skis on it at any time of day. There's still the same ski holders on 'em at night and the attendants didn't seem out to make anyones day difficult.

I didn't used the busses so can't help with that, sorry. If I were to bet, I suspect it'd be the same as the gondola (they too are designed to move skiers about all day) but someone else would probably be able to confirm.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
denfinella, have a look at:
http://winter.la-plagne.com/images/pdf/guides/GUIDE-HIVER-2016-EN.pdf
http://www.transdevsavoie.com/media/upload/NavettesGratuitesLaPlagne.pdf

You are allowed on the buses with skis, and you are allowed on the gondola with skis during the day - not sure about the night (never tried).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are fine with skis at night but will advise you that pistes are closed and it is illegal to ski on pistes after they have closed - to stop you getting killed by a piste machine.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone - very helpful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As jjams82 says I do not think you could use the bellecote to belle during the day without lift pass for skiing. If I remember correctly their is a pedestrian entry (no card) and a skiing entry gate. You might get on once without a pass through the pedestrian gate ?

I remember once seeing a kid getting told off in the evening for repeatedly using the gondola for sledging, the lifty was saying something like you have to reside in belle or pedestrians only or something.

The buses are good though, can be a squeeze sometimes but pretty frequent and only about 10 minutes between bellecote - centre - 1800
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Buses are excellent. We never used them during the day as always skied back to our apartments but there was a very regular service in the evening which we used a few times.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy