Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trashed my knee (ruptured quad tendon/broken ankle)

Poster: A snowHead
@davkt, 19 Shocked wow!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oldest is 24 but doesn't do snow!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davkt,

I hope all goes well. It's certainly been a long haul. Sad

Good luck!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well docs today (2 years to the day from coming out of hospital after the second op) and they agree that one screw going from not being able to feel it to making a visible bump in my skin over the last month or so isn't quite right so I better go see the surgeons again. A quick call to the work medical insurance helpline and they tell me they get it sorted pretty much as quick as I want so fingers crossed for Easter!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davkt, fingers crossed indeed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tamworth tonight, at least that way the surgeon can't tell me not to as I'm seeing him tomorrow morning. Though think given how out of practice I am think I'll just borrow some of their nice and soft hire skis as I suspect my Storm Inferno Race skis I normally use for the fridges may be a bit of a handful!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here in the States we need more people like you, people who do a complete job. Kidding about you of course, very sorry for your mishap. Major bummer. Someday you will be fine, in time for next season.

Cast tip, if you go that route: after a while it gets itchy in there, and in spite of medical advice to the contrary people stick a coat hanger (or piece of stiff wire) in there to scratch it and instead cut themselves and get infected. So if you are going to ignore that medical advice due to agony, and it happens, at least file the tip of the coat hanger smooth so you don't cut yourself!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scooter in Seattle, Cast is long gone thanks and lucky for me it didn't get itchy. If the surgeon agrees the plate needs to come out that is a pretty minor op, might need a crutch or two for a few days but that is all.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good news, mend well.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back home from the day surgery and the metalwork is gone. Happily walking around on it at the moment though suspect that might be more because of all the morphine they pumped in while I was out cold!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery,
We understand skiing has its dangers ...
But Station Steps ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There was a thread on Epic Ski before the site died running to a few thousand pages dating from pretty much day one of the site to its final hours before closure of various of us snow lovers with this injury, almost very one was done by simple slip or trip in every day life! Steps, shoelaces, cats, dogs,driveways all way more dangerous to quads tendons than skiing!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And finally this year will be back on the mountains, hopefully it will snow in Scotland as 20 year old middle daughter is working at the Loch Ness backpacker hostel so me and youngest daughter are off to see her at half term and both Glencoe and Cairngorm are close enough to head to for skiing if they are open. Failing that or maybe as well as that I think it will be off L2A for some glacier skiing at the beginning of Aug to take youngest daughter's mind off the impending GCSE results.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@davkt,
Quote:

And finally this year will be back on the mountains

Fantastic news. What a saga it's been for you.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have a great time, @davkt. Very Happy
ski holidays
@davkt, Good luck, catch up if you come here. Keep your eye on the summer situation here, probably some change. Closed in early August last year due to state up there.
snow report
Yep watched that, if no snow may still come for hiking and biking
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy