Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm Bored - Summer skiing - South America

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Being somewhat incapacitated with a bad shoulder ; unable to go skiing and guilty of replying to others' posts for the sake of it , my head has turned to skiing in the Summer.

We've thought that Argentina might be good and read-up on the resorts last night but it was the usual 'wonderful' rubbish.

Where should we go?
When? ( Pre-May is not an option I fear but July/August could be a problem work-wise if not excellent comms)
We like 'small alpine towns'
Off-piste not required - Beginner/intermediate fine thanks
Would be just as well off in L2A?
So many Air Miles, distance doesn't matter
3 weeks quite reasonable thought
We would travel independently - hotel stay

Anyone done it? Thoughts?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about this trip with Snoworks ski school. I've not done this, but I know somebody who did last year and they had a wonderful time. Not sure of the standard of skiing required, but from the video footage I saw, not especially high. Phil Smith has a fun home-made DVD of the trip which I'm sure he would send you a copy of you were thinking about signing up for 2006.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar.org.uk, Thanks very much , I'll give him a ring. I'd prefer to be an independent traveller though but worth a call. I suspect my skiing is not up to the required standard and I would hate to be 'Tail-End Charlie' ... but let's see ... stupidity can occasionally compensate for skill (in part).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Give NZ a go mate. Plenty of options. The NZ seasons tend to start around the end of June and depending where you go the season lasts normally to Oct in the Sth and as late as Nov in the north (Whakapapa and Turoa)
If you get a flight into Christchurch in the South Island, a lot of people hire camper vans. These are really modern and plenty warm enough for a skiing holiday. This way you could travel around the Sth Island and fit as many different in as you can over 3 weeks ie 1 week in Queenstown, 1 week in Wanaka and also fit in fields like Mt Hutt, Craigeburn, Mt Dobson, Mt Olympus, Mt Lyford etc etc.

Try these links for campervan hire.
http://www.britz.com/
http://www.maui.co.nz/

Trust me, a lot of people do this in NZ and it's a great way of seeing the country and far cheaper than hiring a car then paying for accomodation.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy