Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with police report in La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Just back from a week in La Tania, my daughter had her hire skis nicked on the first day. She booked on-line through Snowbrainer. The hire shop White Storm (SPORT 2000) gave Lucie a replacement pair of skis and said the originals may turn up and they would call her. Suffice to say they didn't turn up and they didn't call her. On returning the skis on Saturday they asked for 250 Euros and said she would have to claim it back through Snowbrainer. Lucie checked the Snowbrianer web site for claim info and there was nothing saying she needed a police report! The hire shop has given her a docket confirming the skis were stolen (right out side the Le Ski Lodge Pub). But nobody mentioned a police report!

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Is anyone out in La Tania this week? is it possible to get a police report retrospectively?

Help please! Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to work in French resorts (Les Arcs & Meribel) and, yes, the first thing I would suggest with any customer theft was to report it immediately to the police and get an official police report. This typically had to be done by visiting them in person, in resort; I'm afraid I've not heard of getting them done remotely/retrospectively, though there's no harm in trying, I guess. That said, that was for personally owned skis rather than hire skis (for which the procedure seemed to be to deal with it directly with the hire shop).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You'll need to get in touch with the Gendarmerie. Police Municipale only deal with lost & found lower value items and they don't issue a report number. I got away with claim for lost glasses by taking a photo of their form.

This may help.

Gendarmerie Municipale de La Perrière / La Tania - 0679 148093

Gendarmerie Meribel - 0479 086017
Gendarmerie Courchevel - 0479 082607
Gendarmerie Bozel - 0479 220017

Top one is a french mobile.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks @Dav, and@Claude B, i'll see how we go.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
in resort it has to be done in person - that said you can report then stolen to the old bill in UK. the report is all the insurance company need.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
in resort it has to be done in person - that said you can report then stolen to the old bill in UK. the report is all the insurance company need.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What was the outcome of this @gazzaredcruiser? Just come back from Morillon and had the same thing. Toddler hire skis pinched outside La Combe; they had his name on so no mistaken identity. Hire shop provided a replacement and advised they could get returned by the end of the week but no luck. I asked the hire shop if I needed a police report in order to process the claim but they said "no". Paid €70 to cover the cost of the skis and told to reclaim the money through Alpinresorts. Now I'm home and processing the claim but have been asked for a police report which I don't have...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dredgey, funnily enough, Snowbrainer paid up after just having the chit from the hire shop. My daughter got the money through today! about 4 weeks after getting home. The moral of the story seems to be, hire through Snowbrainer, which i use quite a lot, but don't use their insurance, just pay the €8 insurance in store and if they get nicked the shop deals with it all in-house, there and then. Have you got a chit from the hire shop?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@gazzaredcruiser, cheers for the reply. Yep I've got the appropriate paperwork from the hire shop. I've had an email this evening from AlpinResorts asking for my bank details in order to process the repayment so I think I'm in the clear. Possibly they spoke with the hire ship like in your case. If they make payment that's a 24hour turn around which would be impressive service.

I'm still baffled as to what sort of person would steal a set of toddlers skis! This is the first time I've taken the optional insurance so I guess I should count myself lucky. Makes me less casual about leaving my own skis unsupervised!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 22-02-17 9:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dredgey, sadly it can be a bit of a racket in some resorts, with skis getting taken and getting sold back to hire shops weeks later.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@dredgey, oh, sorry, glad to hear you've had a result Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy