Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SIS Rego protein/recovery. Any opinions or cheaper alternatives?

Poster: A snowHead
I used these last year as they were on a cheap deal at halfords. Tasted very nice but not sure if I felt any benefit as I took every day so didn't have a comparison. Try to decide whether to get some more for upcoming trip to saalbach but it's quit pricey. Any opinions of whether they actually do anything or is it 'male cow droppings'?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No comments on how good it is, but is usually half price on Wiggle!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
k wrote:
No comments on how good it is, but is usually half price on Wiggle!

Cheers, yeah just had a look on there. 38% off on some sizes. Halfords also price matching the 500g which is a handy size to take plus I work near a branch.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tried them but personally found them disgusting. This was a while back (about 10 years come to think of it) so they may have got better. Generally i just go for milk as a recovery drink, preferably chocolate flavour ☺
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I use the SIS Rego powder drink after cycling and i'm fairly sure I can tell the difference when I don't use it. I does quite a good job of stopping muscles aching the following days. However, you need to take it pretty much as soon as you stop exercising as that's when your muscles are most receptive to the protein and start repairing themselves. Not much use if you take it after an hour of apres. snowHead SIS do make Rego bars too which i've used when i've had them as a freebie and probably more suitable. Not sure if that's what you're referring to @Whitty?

Hope that helps, just my ten pence worth.

Cheers
Kersh
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
much cheaper options at these two, but not needed at all for alpine skiing IMHO, your not really working hard at all so little or zero benefit..

http://www.myprotein.com/
http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kersh wrote:
I use the SIS Rego powder drink after cycling and i'm fairly sure I can tell the difference when I don't use it. I does quite a good job of stopping muscles aching the following days. However, you need to take it pretty much as soon as you stop exercising as that's when your muscles are most receptive to the protein and start repairing themselves. Not much use if you take it after an hour of apres. snowHead SIS do make Rego bars too which i've used when i've had them as a freebie and probably more suitable. Not sure if that's what you're referring to @Whitty?

Hope that helps, just my ten pence worth.

Cheers
Kersh

Yes, it's the powder ones I used. I take it as soon as the skis come off at end of day. Took the sachets last time and just had one in my pocket to mix in a bottle of water pre apres!
I use a normal protein shake (cheap stuff from sports direct) after mountain biking and I think that reduces muscle ache.
As kittenski says, I wondered if it's as beneficial after a long days skiing as opposed to an intense bike ride.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I just use DIY chocolate milk, good quality drinking chocolate powder in a class of cold milk.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have found that a protein shake immediately after an intense ride or swim does help to prevent muscle ache the next day. But only if I've had it pretty soon after, as Kersh mentioned, and I don't often work that hard on the piste, as Kitenski mentioned.

However it did occur to me to take a tub of powder with us - only I knew that there would be quite a time gap between the last run and getting back to our accommodation. I'd then have to make up shakes for all my kids, too, so I decided against it.

I've tried SIS, For Goodness Shakes and Wiggle's own. I liked FGS most, but could get on OK with Wiggle - I'll buy whichever is discounted the most. In the end, it is milk powder and you would probably do fairly well just with a pint of milk from the supermarket.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
2nd for Milk with a no sugar milkshake Syrup after exercise. Hydrates quicker than water and is full of protein. Job done.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Whitty, I've used Maxi Nutrition Recovermax, and CNP Pro Recover when mountain biking, and also when ski touring. It works for me when out on concurrent days. However, the most important thing is to eat/drink these products within the 15 min window after intense exercise.

https://www.maxinutrition.com/maxinutrition/endurance/recovermax-750g/

http://www.cnpprofessional.co.uk/the-cnp-range-c2/cnp-pro-strength-c21/cnp-pro-recover-drink-powder-1-28kg-16-servings-p167
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What's wrong with steak frites and a large beer? All the food groups included per the drink, cheaper and a lot more fun.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
not exactly what you are looking for but £18 from aldi

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206562402293721&set=pcb.571317426395669&type=3
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, not enough beer!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
What's wrong with steak frites and a large beer? All the food groups included per the drink, cheaper and a lot more fun.

There will be no shortage of those 🍻🍖🍟 😀
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
not exactly what you are looking for but £18 from aldi

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206562402293721&set=pcb.571317426395669&type=3

Can't get the link to work, says content not found?
latest report
@Whitty, see if this works ttps://www.aldi.co.uk/usn-strawberry-whey-protein-%26-shaker/p/000000135092300 or checkout aldi special offers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy