Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Experience 80 Base/Side angles - conflicting info.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

I'd like to start servicing my own skis (Rossignol Experience 80 - 2015 model), so have been trying to find out what base and side edge angles they leave the factory with.

So far, I've got three different answers!

SpyderJon's list here: http://thepisteoffice.com/index.php/edge-angles-wax-data/15-ski-manufacturers-edge-angle-specifications.html says: 1,1
An email from AMG (as suggested on Rossignol's contact us page for the UK) says: 0.5 on base, 1 on side edge
And Rossignol's web page for this years model here: http://www.rossignol.com/GB/GB/experience-80-hd-xpress--2016--RAFET01--product--alpine-men-skis-all-mountain.html? has it (in the questions bit) as "Hello, The factory edge are : AC = 88° ±0.5° The Rossignol Team!".

I'd originally ordered a tool based on SpyderJon's data, i.e. at 89° for the side, but an 88° was delivered so I sent it back, but if Rossignol's website is to be believed it then it was inadvertently right!

I'm so confused Puzzled Can anyone put me out of my misery? Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have the Rossi Temptation 80s, and was led to believe their factory angles are 1 side,1 base. I had mine tuned 2 side,1 base and they were fine last week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The make of the ski doesn't make any difference IMHO. Just put 3:1 on everything.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are you going to notice?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies.

under a new name wrote:
Are you going to notice?

You raise a valid point.

My thinking was along the lines of 'I know they worked well for me how they came, so I'd like to keep them that way'.

88° seemed to be winning more votes, so I'm going with that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@UkuleleDave, that is also a fair point, but if you aren't going to notice...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@UkuleleDave, if they've always been 2 degrees and you've always liked 2 degrees, how do you know if 3 degrees is going to be better? Personally I can't see a reason not to run everything at 3 degrees, indeed all my skis now are set at 3 and with some there is quite a noticeable improvement.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm with @Digger the dinosaur, just get a 87° file guide and set your side bevel to 3°. All of my skis are tuned to 3°.
Your skis will never be slippery on ice again!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can have over sharp edges...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, surely you mean over - acute (as in, an angle), not oversharp Puzzled

Dunno really, I have some Dynastars which came from the factory with bevels set to 1,1. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with my technique, but they were really slippery on ice.
Changed the angles to 1,3 (on 2 pairs), and never looked back. Ice is now something that merely requires my attention, whereas before it was something I actively avoided.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A good all round spec. For that type of ski would be 88 /1. If you are happy with how they ski, leave the Base edge alone other than sorting burrs etc. Changing the Base edge will have more influence on how they feel than the side edge in my experience.

Try it, if you want them grippier it's easy enough to get the 87 degree guide and increase the angle a bit.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@snowglider, pedant snowHead

Poss not all to do with technique but certainly maybe you are compensating for inadequate angulation and therefore limiting range of options.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, Nah! Sharp edges are better for me no matter what the advice for softer snow.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, guilty as charged! Laughing

Well, inadequate angulation = poor tecnique (on my part). Well, here we go - I'm being pedantic again! Embarassed Laughing snowHead
Thanks for offering me a face - saving escape route! Smile snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy