Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boots on Ryanair

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
*Disclaimer, I'm sure this has been asked before but please pardon my ignorance*

I have just purchased myself my first pair of custom fit ski boots from my local boot fitter and I also purchased a Rossignol boot bag/backpack. I am flying Ryanair into Grenoble in March and was just wondering whether they'd kick up a fuss if I took the boots as carry on?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is only the airport security that deceides if boots can go through. Ryanair only care about weight and will it fit in the Ryanair luggage measuring box.

Loads of us fly with our boots in cabin. I will be doing this next week on the way to Italy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If they kicked up a fuss..

...I wonder what the position is if you then wore them? Is there a rule that says you can't wear them? Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Make sure the bag meets their hand luggage size specifications. If they ask what's in the bag (unlikely) just say clothes. I've done it many times thru Geneva. @king key, you can't wear them as you could use them as a weapon. You can however bring a glass bottle onto the plane as long as you buy in the duty free shop. I guess duty free glass isn't dangerous!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No problem with boots on the cabin , once they are in a suitable size bag. I always bring mine as carry on. Ryanair have no problem with the fact it's boots, mine are obvious boots in a a boot bag, shape gives them away, I stuff socks and stuff in with them and never had a problem.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RUGBY PETER wrote:
Make sure the bag meets their hand luggage size specifications. If they ask what's in the bag (unlikely) just say clothes. I've done it many times thru Geneva. @king key, you can't wear them as you could use them as a weapon. You can however bring a glass bottle onto the plane as long as you buy in the duty free shop. I guess duty free glass isn't dangerous!!

There is little joined up thinking with airport security. I went through Geneva airport a few years ago and had nougat confiscated at security. ' When I said where does it state no nougat, they said no soft compounds. Mad Once through security you could buy a Swiss Army knife in the duty free. Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You cant wear ski boots on a plane, doing so would hinder your exit in an emergency
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So no shussing down the aisle to the emergency exits then. Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RUGBY PETER, I don't understand that duty free exemption either if you're talking about risks. A litre of flammable spirits and ready made offensive weapon with broken bottle wouldn't cause much risk at all if deployed. Sad

I was searching the other day about supply of a chemical for working with plastics and came across (because of the chemical name) what was considered the risk in liquid containers when they banned those from flights. If you see things like that you can see why some security checks appear sensitive.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy