Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black toenail in ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks. Just want to go now. 3 and a half weeks and counting!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
one thought.... i saw a comment about someone who had boots 2 sizes too small.... in 30 years of doing this i have found about 5 people who have boots physically too small!.... it is highly unlikely that you would ever leave a store with something so small... we have enough difficulty with people in boots with the correct shell check!!!! shell shape, liner materials, footbeds, calf size and flexibility and technique all go to determining how a boot will fit....

if you take the liners out his boot and put his foot into the shell toes just tickling the front see how much space there is behind the heel.... 10-14 mm pretty tight needs to be a good skier, 15-20 mm most people are good in this range 21-25 high volume feet, limited flexion, problem feet sometimes need a little extra space

normal check list for boot pains
1 are they your boots?
2 are the clips on the outside? (ie are they on the right feet)
3 are you wearing one pair of thin socks? (the same as you were fitted in)
4 is there anything else inside the boot? extra insoles, contact lense cases, spark plugs items of clothing etc
5 have you clipped them up properly? ...top two clips nice and tight , flex forward then lower clips finger tight
6 are you well hydrated, warm, not hungover?
7 did you leave them in the car over night? or are they warm and dry to start with

where is the pain?
is it better or worse when you
un clip the boots or loosen/tighten clips
walk
ski
stop skiing
flex forward
stand upright

the list could go on but this is simply the start
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@CEM, belive it or not its true and that's is why we question his mental state as why he didn't say anything in the shop and how he actually got his feet in.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As I said before , it wasn't like that in the shop. Maybe experienced skiers would have shouted up but hey, we are all different. Talking about mental state has NOTHING to do with it. Us novices are only trying to get some advice.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skilass, again you have got it wrong I was talking about my friend not your husband geeez rolling eyes and all i have done is try to give you advice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skilass, I have this at moment! It's currently blue and it's loose from the nail bed and it's going to come off. My GP said it's my Reynaud's

Does your husband suffer from any circulation problems/reynaud's/arthritis?

When I was googling it (I originally thought it was because I also have chilblains at the moment) I found there's an actual condition called "Skier's Toe" although I think that's more boot & skiing related

http://www.drvincentvess.com/blog/2016/1/21/skiers-toe
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No - it's clearly all skiing related!
@me andrew - sorry I got my wires crossed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skilass, not a problem Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skilass, Just an idea, have you have a look / feel inside the boots especially over the top of the big toe area?

I use a pair of similar boots, (salomon equipe 9.0) which are now very old, (I have a stock of them, now on the last pair) and are commonly called the red bricks, because that is about as close to a foot shape as they get. I am correctly sized in them, however when I first started wearing them, years ago, over the course of a season (a number of weeks skiing) I used to gradually get a black bigtoe nail on one foot, and rather bruised on the other.

We eventually discovered that there is a small rivet in the construction of the boot, right above the base of the nail on the big toe. On the worst boot it stuck down inside the boot more than the other boot and i have a habit of wiggling my toes about when they are cold. So i now wear little gel pads on each big toe on the top of the nail, and it has stopped it completely. I tried grinding the rivet down on an old shell but it was virtually impossible to get to it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @zorrac. I'll take a look. Worth a try.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy