Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier Transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Out for a long weekend shortly

I tend to assume that shuttle vans are a bit speedier than the train so might afford me more ski time on the last day. But the ones I've looked at seem to suggest that Le Chable where I'm staying is only doable as a private transfer - is that right? Otherwise any tips on getting the train fare down a bit - doesn't seem there are any supersave fares available anywhere near times I'm interested in from/to GVA.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The SBB website prices a Le Chable/GVA adult single, undiscounted at CHF 57.40, about £46. I'd be surprised if you could get a taxi or any transfer for this price, unless perhaps you could fill an 8-seater. Given the cost of a day's skipass for the 4 Valleys is CHF 67 this doesn't seem too bad, given the distance. Looks like there one train every hour from Le Chable.

Have you tried contacting the Verbier Tourist Office? They probably know the local taxis better than most and should be able to come back with some prices for you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Transfer vans seem to come in about 65CHF on a scheduled trfr (Ignoring the "from CHF28" BullSh) which is broadly equivalent but then fritz when you put in Le Chable rather than Verbier Centre as a drop off location.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The only other option I can think of is piggy-backing on a Tour Operator transfer. We did this with a charter flight LGW to Sion and transfer to Verbier (with Neilson, I think). But they may only do this for people on the charter flight. Might be worth checking with a few TOs.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, the transfer buses can't pick up in Le Chable. You're on the train. Taxi to Martigny between 80 and 100chf.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks that's what I needed to confirm.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy