Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez - Tuition for 8 year old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taking my son to Alpe d'Huez at Easter - he is 8 and has had two previous weeks on snow in France, both times he has been with ESF for morning group lessons and comfortably 'graduated' with snowflake and then 1* badge.

He's not too keen on going in group lessons again this year. Am perfectly happy for him to ski with me all day but don't want him to start picking up bad habbits etc (not that I have (m)any !) .

So, please may I ask those in the know ..... will a few hours of private tuition give him the same sort of learning curve as he has experienced so far? Maybe a couple of hours on day 2 then, if he wants to, a couple more hours later in the week? Would he for example learn as much in these two sessions as he would in a group of 15 for 6x3 hour sessions ? Can he still sit the ESF test after private lessons?

Or should we just say forgot the tuition and just have a good time ?

Opinions welcome, also if anyone can recommend a good instructor for 8 yr old in Alpe 'dHuez that would be tremendous.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
masmith, I suggest you PM sarah@Alped'huez who has a list of people who are good with kids. If he likes the idea of 1-1 then it'll be great. He might find it really boring without the other kids, and that'll make it easier for you to get him back in group lessons next time!! Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks easiski, on a slightly different matter do you happen to know much about the helicopter taxi from ADH to Deux Alpes ? Can't find much info on the web ..... a few previous snowheads postings suggets it's about £35 return. Do you know what days it runs, what times and if you can book in advance? thanks. p.s. will PM sarah - ta.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
masmith, It may be about £40 return now - anyway it's very reasonable. it runs every day Mon - Fri and you can and must book in advance. They do about 5 round trips every morning (and evening returns of course), and the heli only takes about 5 passengers per trip. therefore, if you want to come over, get your rep to book it the instant you're in resort - the reps queue up here to book their people, and I'm sure it's the same in ADH. If you're travelling independently, get down to the Tourist Office and check with them where you can book! Have fun,
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just had a fab week in ADH. On recommendation from Sarah@Alped'huez I booked three 1½ lessons for my 8 yr old son with Geraldine Cotte at the ESF.

Sarah@Alped'huez - thank you very much. Geraldine was superb. My son had previously had two weeks skiing and had proudly collected his snowflake and 1 star badges. Geraldine suggested that getting his 2* badge after just 3 lessons could be a bit ambitious. On his third day however she asked if it would be OK for him to try for the 3* badge instead, which he did and passed with merit - well done !

Sarah, if you happen to see Geraldine, please pass on our thanks from Thomas and his dad !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy