Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys lift pass query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Chaps,

We're off to St Martin on Sunday 29th Jan and i have question regarding our lift passes. There will be 7 of us buyign a lift pass, but for ease we will be buying in a group of
3 and 4 (so we get the slight tribu discount).

We are looking to buy our passes this Friday and pick them up on Sunday in resort when we get there. So, im wondering is that too late to purchase online and pickup? OR would that be fine? Reason for cutting it late is payday for a few etc.

Cheers! snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have existing passes that you're trying to recharge, then I'd say the answer is no you'll be fine.
Otherwise you're probably cutting it a bit fine, you may have other options through your travel agent or hotel if you want to get them the night before.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I usually just buy my passes there (except for PDS who give us 30% off for buying before October) and for duo type passes they usually don't want my rechargeable card and insist on giving me a new one. I think they may have them already made up.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can order up to 2 days in advance of your first skiing day. If it is too late, I suspect it won't let you process the order.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From memory the 3v passes bought on-line are then posted out to the ticket office or tourist office that you want to collect from (or it was when I last did it a few years ago), hence it taking a few days.

You still have to go and collect them (unless you've ordered them in sufficient time for home delivery) so really the only advantage you get is saving a bit of time at the window in actually paying. You get no extra discount for buying/paying in advance, so I tend to just buy them on arrival in resort. I've never experienced a queue in Courchevel for tickets, I can't imagine St Martin will be busy. This also removes the risk of having paid for extra days that you can't use if your travel arrangements on the outbound leg get scuppered/delayed and you get to resort a day or two late.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can still get the Duo, Tribu, Famille discounts at the window.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah that's OK. So we can definitely buy them in resort for same price as online?

Thanks
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we are going to les menuires on saturday - arriving by car around tea time. Lift pass office in St martin looks like a logical place for us to stop and buy the passes as we drive up the valley as the chalet is in a small hamlet just before les menuires. office is open until 6pm and I believe online prices and window prices are the same. If i get chance I will report back on saturday evening once we have purchased
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Excellent, really appreciate that!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sorry. forgot all about this once i got into holiday mode. we got delayed due to an incident newr chambery and didnt get to resort until 6.30. ended up buying passes from the automated machine in les bettaix, 100m from our chalet. hope you got sorted ok and you are managing to avoid the ice....we really need some snow dont we !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi @rob.m, we purchased our Tribu at the ticket office in resort on first day (Meribel last week) it was very quick and easy. Biggest gotcha we had was that to buy the passes as the Tribu rate they all had to be bought at the same time with a single payment. This meant that I was hit with a 1.2k entry on my cc bill in sterling, it was fine because I calculated the sterling amount per/p and then either had the crowd pay that or the euro version as I was using the same card for cash so it worked out.

Something to keep in mind but the base price was exactly the same as online
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gazzza wrote:
You can still get the Duo, Tribu, Famille discounts at the window.

Not according to this on the Merinet site.

Duo & Tribu Pass discounts are available only for passes bought at the same time, online for the same duration in the same ski area in one payment.

Worth checking.

Edit, but not if you read the post above first! Embarassed
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's the point of the duo and tribu discount. Same dates, same ski area and one payment method - cuts down on their admin and staffing I guess- hence the discount. However, if one wants Carre Neige and the rest don't you are allowed to do that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy