Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decathlon snow boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm a beginner snowboarder
I am hiring my board but cant decide if to hire the boots or buy some from decathlon either Boogey 300 or Bullwhip 500.

I've read many articles saying that boots should be the first thing you buy as they can then mold to fit your own feet perfectly whereas as hire boots wont ever quite be that great a fit.

Also the decathlon boots have different heel heights - Boogey 10mm, Bullwhip 15mm, what difference does this make?

Anyone have experience with Decathlon boots?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a pair of adult bullwhips of a couple of seasons ago, all lace not boa closure, and am very happy with them. Seem bit light and almost cardboardy yet surprisingly supportive and fit my small narrow feet ( albeit with thick or 2 pairs socks). Not per se mouldable, just tighten to fit. Can't really fault them except wishing that they made a size smaller.

Bought them because Mr G got a pair as his first ones when he started out and they lasted well for him and took him to a good piste standard - he likes stiff boots too.

His eventually wore soft so he upgraded to expensive stiff K2 boots, but they're still useable, which is more than he can say for his Burtons, which fell apart quickly with Flow bindings. I also use Flows.

At end of day, cheap, worth it if starting out and if they do in your size & fit (sadly no longer for me else I'd get another pair). I reckon that they're good basic boots - or at least the black lace up ones were.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that
I went up tonight and tried them on, but found them to be really tight over the widest part of my foot. I always thought I had wide feet but I have since measured them and they are about the right width, just at the top end, for the length.

I'm going to hire all my gear this time and then decide for next year if I want to buy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@fredbob,
Tried those boots too some seasons ago & from my opinion are pretty low end ( cheap & nasty) .
If you want some decent value boots that are good valve & performance see if you can find some Northwave freestyle 'Legend'.
Excellent boot , supa comfy & dam good quality. Seen some on line for around a ton so 'fill yer boots' so to speak !!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My girlfriend got a pair of Decathlon Boys boots since they were the only ones we could find in her size.

They fit will, cost £40 and surprisingly good quality.

She also bought a pair of Pink Superfeet insoles which transformed the boots.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy