Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel Slalom 22.01.17 - *RESULT SPOILERS* - Dave Ryding (GBR) competing

Poster: A snowHead
Argh. Having to go out for lunch. Is he running last as hes first after the first round?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ster, he is indeed! 14 starts away...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hirscher just put in a fantastic 2nd run. Almost 2 secs ahead of the field at this point making it difficult for Ryding to win.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's on Eurosport 1 now !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ruthie wrote:
It's on Eurosport 1 now !
Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hirscher is brilliant to watch.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2nd
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fair play to the lad!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Absolutely brilliant
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
...just finished. Why am I crying?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wahey - well done Dave, was worried he might go win or bust. No shame in dropping top slot to Hirscher.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@lambert, onions? Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bügger, missed it! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wahoo - well done the local lad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fantastic, should have logged on to here to get the stream info, was searching but in vain. Watched the live timer on the FIS website.
snow report
Cue Stanton to come on and say he only got second because the Dutch prefer canal skating.
snow conditions
For those on a mac that didn't hit the silverlight update for Safari for the Eurosport player. It woks on Chrome on mac fine.

£20/year for Eurosport player. Great value already
ski holidays
36 years since a Brit stood on the podium of a top class ski race.
latest report
@letsgetpiste, of course it was onions. I don't get emotional watching a Brit come second!!
Can't remember how long ago it was that I skied on the Long Myndd...2.00m blizzards...grew up in Salop, family still live there. rolling eyes
snow report
Just in case like me anyone else was wondering who the main sponser on Dave's helmet was ...

http://www.urlaubsregion-pyhrn-Priel.at/en
snow conditions
DB wrote:

Erm 2002 Park City?
ski holidays
Photo evidence http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/park-city-slalom-maenner-alain-baxter-gbr-bronze-news-photo/52865471#park-city-slalommaenner-alain-baxtergbr-bronze-nachtraeglich-wegen-picture-id52865471
ski holidays
Fantastic run, what nerves!

Dave Ryding gets his well-deserved Silbergams (= silver chamois)

snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, but malheureusement for Alain, he was forced to step off the podium at a later date due to a dodgy American nasal decongestant.
Very sad...slightly off subject...does anyone think that's why Brad had his medication sent from GB rather than buy the local stuff just down the road?
ski holidays
Awesome result well done to him, and what a place to do it too! Great to watch live on Eurosport.....snooker even put on the back burner for 20 mins!🙄
snow report
@lambert, yes I I still think P&G owe him big time given they are big Olympic sponsors but yes my original point was pedantry and shouldn't distract from Dave's stellar season. World Champs to come of course.
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
DB wrote:

Erm 2002 Park City?

... ok my bad, 36 years since a Brit officially earned a place on the podium without the result being over turned.
snow report
He must have done well it even made the home page of the BBC Sport website wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fantastic. Hell of a second run from Hirscher so no shame in losing out to that! Was watching on TV in the restaurant up on Rendl in St Anton, felt very much like I did watching a football match in with the home fans when supporting the away team. Appreciative round of applause from the crowd when Ryding crossed the line
ski holidays
Just a heads up if you're in Scotland and planning to watch Ski Sunday its been bumped so that Pacific Quay CSC can show their heroes rolling eyes Not sure about cable etc but if you're on Sky go instead to channel 969 for BBC2 England at 6.15pm. Very Happy
latest report
robboj wrote:
Just a heads up if you're in Scotland and planning to watch Ski Sunday its been bumped so that Pacific Quay CSC can show their heroes rolling eyes Not sure about cable etc but if you're on Sky go instead to channel 969 for BBC2 England at 6.15pm. Very Happy

yep in Glasgow wondering. However, never need to worry now. I bought Eurosport player for £20 for a year and can now watch it, and the tennis and loads more live. Brilliant. Happy
snow report
Ohhh Nooo. Just remembered that if something create a channel change on BBC Scotland then the BBC iPlayer still has BBC England. Happy
ski holidays
Quite simply outstanding. Very well done "The Rocket"!
latest report
Fantastic! Only caught the second run live but delighted to have seen both this today and AB's 2002 Olympic race as they happened.

Hirscher's second run charge was incredible too.
snow report
@balernoStu, Hirschers run was something to see. That guy just goes to another level at times. Roll on Schladming on Tuesday night.
ski holidays
Impressive alright, well done getting on the podium in what has been a good season for him with more possible now he knows he can do it.
snow conditions
amazing result! still feels surreal and almost like it didn't happen. Bartelskis 2nd in 81 got me into skiing I think, I remember shouting lots at the TV! I'm sure this result will inspire many new and existing skiers.
snow report
This makes the Schladming night race a must watch (bbc red button 17.30 and 19.30). Dave Ryding has been drawn to go number one in the first run (16.45 24th jan)
snow conditions
on eurosport player just now Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy