Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to visit for the day from St Martin De Belleville. Would like to visit La Thuille as well. Where is the best place to park? Any hints for a good day out would be appreciated. I'm a new member to snowheads.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads.

Best place to park in my view is at the bottom of the les ecudets lift. From there you can be in la Thuile sooner than going all the way up, although there is parking at the front de neige if you prefer.

You will need to start early if you are going to do more than touch the snow in la Thuile and then turn around. Don't leave it too late to be back in France.

The return run down fontaine froid is lovely.

DJ
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
🙏
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We skied there the 2nd and 3rd of january. On the 2nd I insisted we get up nice and early to be there at 9AM so as to get a parking space at the main parking (at the end of the road before it turns to snow!). It's a big car park and we had the choice of nearly all the spaces! We were half an hour later next day and still could park in the space nearest to the piste... Even starting out at 9:30 we had plenty of time to spend in La Thuile on both days including a leisurely lunch and a stop for cake and coffee half way through the afternoon.

I wouldn't want to drive that road up to La Rosiere in anything but perfect conditions though Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd second parking at Ecudets. It is a slow lift up, and then a short ski to a shortish drag. Off at the top, down to the main Roches Noire Lift, off at the top and turn left and ski straight to the bottom of the Fort Express chair, up the chair down and then over the back into the Col and up Bellcombe 1 drag lift, ski off left at the top then play around the Piccollo St Bernado and the Fourclaz Express lifts as there is some great skiing there. Access to the main La Thuile via the Fourclaz lift. I really like red 6 down into LT.
I wouldn't leave it too late to get back as the reds off the Fort and Plan du Repos Express' are lovely.
The best run in the whole domain is Fontaine Froid, which is is under your first lift of the day. If the snow is good then I'd lap that a couple of times before doing anything else.

My best ever day skiing was 2 hrs on that run in a morning, below the cloud and blizzard that was raging in La Rosiere, where we had decent light, no people and about a foot of fresh on a fabulous run..

PS If there is a decent wind forecast then stay in your home resort
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't miss the Italian restaurants and bars between La Rosiere and La Thuile, there's some cool places.
Can anyone remember the name of the one with The Beatles room??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Offshore?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@DJ, that's the one!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree with everything above. We parked opposite the main lift in the centre and got the last space at about 10am (this was early March last year). +1 to the wind forecast - we had a clear blue sky day but the wind was bitingly cold and the pistes in La Ros were scoured and very hard. At least 2 locals we spoke to later told us that that was quite usual in La Rosiere. Ecudets does look like the place to start if you're coming up from Bourg as you avoid a lot of the hairpins up into the village.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just make sure the link to Italy is going to be open before you set off

- high winds (and for us last year excessive snowfall too ) closed the link 6 days out of the 7...

La Thuile side has some great skiing though and is often much quieter (in the week at least) than French side.

Another piece of advice is to avoid the extremely slow La Combe chair on Italian side , use the fast Chaz Dura next to it instead.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The drag lift from La Ros to La Thuile is very long for snowboarders who lack confidence, I would say it's really very flat and easy but can seem very daunting to those who have a mental block of drag lifts and 'boards. Ask my wife!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy