Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help for cowardly skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I love to ski but am afraid of steep bits, ridges and edges.
Love a long, slow, tree-lined blue run where you can't see too far ahead and there aren't any drop-offs.
Our group of four consists one expert skier, one brave intermediate, one less brave intermediate and me (the total coward).
So can anyone recommend a resort where we can all enjoy skiing at our own level?
Thanks for any suggestions that you can offer.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Corvara, Italy. Lots of variety, something to suit everyone. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some resorts have virtual tours now. May be worth looking at any resort on your short list to see how they look to you.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NeddySkiGoon wrote:
Corvara, Italy. Lots of variety, something to suit everyone. snowHead

Thanks
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Plagne, lots of long cruising blues and a good selection of more difficult piste for the more adventurous. Its above the tree line, but as you can see the whole terrain there are no surprises in terrain, or "sides" of mountains to worry about. Ive been three times with a very mixed groups, from novice skiers to advanced, and all have had a great time. Ive had some of my best skiing in La Plagne
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It depends how much skiing you want to do and how far 'off piste' from the usual suspects you want to stray?

A few years ago we skied here:-

http://www.lesangles.com/en

It's in the French Pyrenees, not too far from Andorra. 3 Vallees it's not, but its very easy (they even have some green - lower than blue. runs), only about 80km of skiing and its a cheap place for lift passes, ski hire etc.
Cheap flights to Perpignan or Toulouse, easy taxi transfer and possibly enough to keep you amused for a week without scaring yourself to death.

The snow record can be unpredictable and as it's French some apartments are small but overall you get what you pay for.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think the Vallandry area of Les Arcs would be a better option than La Plagne for you. Vallandry is pleasant tree lined crusing with access to a larger ski area.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Plagne is great - not many trees, but ideal terrain for building confidence and plenty for everyone else. In my opinion, though, Serre Chevalier would be absolutely perfect.

If Switzerland is an option, the Zweisimmen side of the Gstaad area sounds perfect for you with lots of gentle runs in the trees, and good runs for the others on the hills.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowymum wrote:
I think the Vallandry area of Les Arcs would be a better option than La Plagne for you. Vallandry is pleasant tree lined crusing with access to a larger ski area.

+1

Add to this there are some easy cruising runs over to Arc 1800 and to 1600, Arc 2000 bowl also is straightforward
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd recommend the Vallandry/Peisey area of Les Arcs over La Plagne as well. I was in La Plagne last year with a nervous skier and we found there was a wide range of difficulty of blue runs and it was pretty difficult to predict what they'd be like without actually skiing them. Les Arcs had more tree lined runs and it was much easier to see from the map which ones were basically flat and which were a bit steeper.

Alternatively, Courchevel 1850 and down to La Tania are great for nervous skiers and there is plenty of skiing in the 3 valleys for the more adventurous.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep vallandry a good choice, also les arc 1600, flaine is also pretty tame iirc, andorra (any), had a good week for the nervous in valloire too. Anyone got thought on sauze doulx or montgenevre? My memory is a little old but i though both were pretty friendly. Late season val thorens is remarkably benign, no trees but massive wide pistes. Jess
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can't beat Soldeu for long cruising blues some in trees and some not. Long cruising reds are there for the intermediate skier plus there are some very good black runs for the expert. Good thing is it is possible to start at the top of the same lift, take all these options and arrive back at the bottom of the El Tarter gondola together.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
limited alps experience but had a wonderful day in courmeyer years ago when the snow wasnt great in chamonix. Marveled at how many tree lined runs there were. and the food was incredible. I was able to cut into some cat tracks and find steeper untracked stuff also, but my blue/red wife was very content on most of the runs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wengen, Switzerland has a good range of long cruisey blues through the tree both down to Grindelwald and back to Wengen from Kleine Scheidegg. Youve got some good reds too, plus of course the chance to try the Laubergorn World Cup downhill run, and for variety, a trip to Murren is easy enough (mountain railway down to Lauterbrunnen, then funicular/train towards Murren) where you can mix it up nicely. The Jungfrau region must be one of the most picturesque ski areas around too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy