Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski amade Region - Challenges for a 15 yo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

My 15 yo is a very different skier to me, he is confident on a Red, loves the challenge of a Black, and he is looking for new challenges on skis, be it freestyle, slalom, off piste or something else.

We are in Schladming for Feb half term and will have a hire car and Amade region ski pass and I am looking for something for him to get his teeth into. Very happy to pay for an instructor / guide for a day or two to introduce him safely to a new challenge.

Hopl in Schladming advertise that they do Theme Days on a Wed afternoon, but can't tell me until that week if or what they will be doing. Google finds a few other options, but very difficult to find details.

Ideas, options, experiences welcomed?

Thanks very much
Kev
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just get hi to the park at Planai!
There are a few ways to go down with a verying level of difficulty.
Flachau Winkl also has a freeski school ( http://www.absolutschool.at/en/home ), so that might be an option too (about 25min in a car from Schladming).
There are lots of off piste opportunities but this might be another kettle of fish really!

Off piste Snowdays in Ski Amadé January 2017 from ben turner
https://vimeo.com/200053164
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The bit at top of Flachauwinkel is a good introduction to off piste and there's a few jumps and stuff near the same area
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@KevWal, is he in to anything racy? Reiteralm is where a lot of the pros train. Some of Jnr's (like yours he's 15) ski club are heading out for a training camp, we're just working out whether we can head over there too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Hammerite / all

Yes he would love to do some race stuff, but not being part of a group how does he get into it? Same really with off piste and free style, finding the right group or instuctor to get him started seems to be difficult.

Thanks for the Absolute link Flangesax, I have been talking with Florian of freestyle.at who also seems to be involved with Absolut, some possible options there.

Cheers
Kev
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@KevWal, I've PM'd you.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blue Tomato funpark at Muhlbach is well worth a look.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy