Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenèvre questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Off to Monty a week on Sunday and have a couple of questions that I hope some of you lovely people can help with:

Firstly, any recommended restaurants in Monty to visit? Nothing too fancy, just some nice food and atmosphere (and also any bars to keep an eye out for).

Secondly, we arrive stupidly early on Sunday but our ski pass doesn't start till Monday. Are there any free lift or tows? I'm thinking more the nursery slopes, so at least Sunday afternoon we can just get our ski legs back and have some fun.

Cheers all
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Fridge03, we were there two years ago and then the Monte del la Luna in Montgenevre gave you the afternoon before for free, but you'd best check it out.

Recommended food, go to Italy. Go to the Baita Gimont.

Oh, and take something to read on the lifts, not saying the lifts are slow in Monte but....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A great place for lunch is La cadelsol, it's very close to the ski school opposite the slopes. They do good pizzas and prices are very reasonable. They also have a welcoming fire going, which is a bonus when it's very cold. Le Transalpin was a nice evening restaurant, a step up from the pizza places but our best meal was when we took a skiddo ride up the mountain in nearby Claviere to one of the mountain restaurants (can't remember the name, sorry) for a 7 course meal! That was organised by our holiday company. Le Graal seemed to be the main bar after skiing. We went in 2015, so all this could have changed of course.

I think the only free lifts are the 20 meter long 'mats' at the bottom of the nursery slopes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When we were there a few years ago the lift pass included the Sunday of your arrival as well. Another shout for La Cadesol - good service, wholesome food and lovely open fire.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The best bar in town in our opinion is Le Graal, food in there is basic, burger and chips etc but good quality. Beer in there is good and atmosphere good. Last few times we have been in Monty there has been a live band on in the Graal called Two Fat Men, they were excellent and have had good nights in there when they were on. Another restaurant we have ate in is called Le Jamy (I think), just next door to the Graal. Good food in there bit more upmarket. We have also ate in an Italian can't remember the name but it is on the main drag towards Italy from the Graal. On the slopes (sort of) we like the small café that is in the middle of the nursery area at the bottom of the Prarial. Again nice food and people in there.
Hope this helps, we are back there for a long weekend in March
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the help guys.

Will keep an eye out for for those places. Le Graal sounds good. Love a bit of live music.

So we have the 6 day Mont De Lune pass. So that may well give us Sunday afternoon as well? Would be ideal.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pizza and steak place at far end of main road towards Sierre, locally run but brit staff, always free digestif at end, actually best steak I've had in 3 decades of visiting France. Sorry, can't remember name
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I love a good steak. Thanks for the tip!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Best bar is Le Graal - great for lunch, live music at least a couple of evenings a week, good atmosphere.

Best place for dinner is Caesars - as you face the village with nursery slopes behind you, it's one of the last restaurants on the left.

Le Jamy was also good but I've been told it's turned into a pizza place this season.

I would avoid Le Capitaine (pizza place) - shocking service.

Back out there next month for our third trip - can't wait!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just had a great meal at Le Jamy, even though it's not called that anymore despite the sign out front still saying Le Jamy.

Great pizza and profiteroles. Good atmosphere and welll priced. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy