Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying snowboard equipment in Val D'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.

Really hoping for some recommendations for buying snowboard gear in Val D'Isere as currently struggling to find places whilst wandering around the village and everyone I seem to talk to is a skier and has no idea and everywhere just seems to sell skis. And google keeps just sending me to rental places.

Wanting to get boots/bindings/board. Keen to find a place that'll let me try before I buy as haven't tried a lot of the different camber types so keen to test a few whilst I'm here for two weeks.

Heading to Val Thorens next so also happy for suggestions there too.

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd suggest Black Cats or Snowpark in Tignes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Renting is going to be your only option.

No shop lets you take out a board, boots and bindings 'to try', before you buy.

Would you pay full price for kit that other people had 'tried'? Of course not.

Tignes has more choice for boards than Val but you will probably get the best deals down the hill in BSM.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
there's places in Chamonix that let you test boards out before purchasing. i'd be surprised if no one in tignes or vt do the same Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@doc.jill, Try getting in contact with Tignes Spirit They may be ok with a try before you buy, and they'll certainly deliver over to Val.D for you. If you are interested, you might want to get signed up over at SCUK - members get a 10% off purchase and 15% off hire there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bar shaker wrote:

Some shops will have a rental 'fleet' of decent boards though, which would allow you to try before you buy, e.g. http://snowpark-shop.com/location-skisnowboard-tignes/location-snowboard/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HandyHand wrote:
bar shaker wrote:

Some shops will have a rental 'fleet' of decent boards though, which would allow you to try before you buy, e.g. http://snowpark-shop.com/location-skisnowboard-tignes/location-snowboard/

This was my point, exactly. You will be able to rent something if your choice and size is very mainstream.

If looking for something rare/niche and/or outside of 156-161, then you aren't going to be able to try it before you buy it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tignes Spirit for sure. Otherwise, are Misty Fly still going in central Val?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went to Val for my first proper snowboarding trip back in 2000/2001 season (I'd only ridden Dendex before then). Back then the resort was packed with Boarding shops or multi sport shops that sold boarding gear.

I've been back in the 14/15 & 15/16 seasons and I can say I only found two or three shops that sold boarding gear and they didn't have a wide selection.

You'd get more choice going to a snow dome, Castleford and Tamworth let you try the TSA range and if you buy, you get the price of the lift ticket off the board price.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 26-01-17 11:37; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@stevomcd, *think* Misty have gone.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy