Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste in the 3 Valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon All. Could anyone reccomend some good off piste skiing/boarding areas in the 3 Valleys please? Lift served not hiking or backcountry style, particularly in the Val T ski area. Our group is advanced and safety conscious but weve never been to this area before. We may end up hiring a guide but would like some tips on areas to scope out first.

Many thanks

Ben
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To be honest, you'll just be able to see a huge amount between the pistes around VT. Classic more adventurous stuff includes dropping off the back of the Cime de Carron into the 4th valley. If you want longer runs without difficult route finding then the itinerary off La Masse is a good option.

Elsewhere in 3V I really like the stuff off Mont Vallon (between the pistes and off the back), the slopes above St Nicholas are really friendly, the Creux Noir bowl above Courchevel.... too many to mention

Do consider a guide though
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"Lac du Lou" off the back of Les Menuires. Just keep high and right when you get down towards the bottom near the lake. Access from the VT side.

Use "Maurienne Hors Piste" out of Orelle. Several of them are former "pisteurs" and know every rock on the mountain....Once did an amazing run to the floor of the Maurienne Valley where we were staying. But need to be savvy about getting back up via Orelle and arranging taxis and stuff..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/sguide.htm

And old but good info lower down which has this intro:

More information on off-piste skiing below from Dennis Summerbell (RIP) - some useful info (from 1995) here but please note the disclaimers here and above. Off-piste skiing and snowboarding is dangerous.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a good 3V off piste guide book somewhere which is probably all you need if there's been recent snow when you go. Also check out the Fatmap app which is surprisingly good for an app.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. I actually have the fatmap app add have noticed the little orange off piste trails. Hope to give them a try.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could think about contacting Timy Theaux
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@HTL and @andy1234. I assume the names you mention are local guides? Can anyone else recommend a VT guide that I can go speak to in resort to arrange a day out?

Many Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another one for Xavier at http://mauriennehorspiste.com/en/

Really nice guy, good English and knows the area really well, not just normal 3V routes.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey Ben, I have skied several times with Jessy, a local mountain guide. Young guy, super dynamic and very friendly ! He'll bring you in all the good spots of les 3 Vallées. The best with him, he takes very cool pics Wink You'll find his details here : https://www.explore-share.com/trip/ski-touring-freeride-skiing-3-vallees/. Enjoy the ride !!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy