Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1st family ski holiday in March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Layne,

Thanks so much for all the info. After your advice, speaking to some people who've been skiing and watching you tube videos lol think we've realised everyone will be shattered so there's our nights planned for us.

We have 8 weeks until we go, kids had first lesson last week and they love it and did a lot better that we all imagined!. And by talking with the instructors sounds like we will be quite decent on skis by time we go after having all our lessons, so I feel it more confident about being able to take the kids out in the afternoon.

Your completely right, all this planning is very daunting at the moment because it's completely new to us, but when we need to book ski holidays for xmas and next march I really hope I'm gonna sort of know what I'm doing lol.

It's al getting very exciting but we still haven't booked anywhere 😱
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w,

It's always hard when your in a different country, but we found the language barrier the hardest when it came to food shopping with a lot of guess work needed, especially trying to find food for the kids etc. When we stayed up the gorges du verdon all the supermarkets were very self explanatory but when we got down on the coast and had the big supermarkets that's when we struggled, very little staff spoke English also, we found a Lidl on the last week of our holiday we was so relieved.

Kids had their first ski lessons last week and I was so shocked to see how heavy the skis were!!!!, we told them all they musk hold their own stuff as they have to get used to it. The thought of a buss with all the kids and our ski equipment hadn't even crossed my mind and tbh I would much rather drive to the lift than suffer the stress of getting on and off a ski bus. We have a 7 seater 4x4 so hopefully plenty of room and we have an extra large roof box otherwise we will be roughing it with the windows open and skis hanging out like a bunch of mad people but least the kids can watch tv in the car lol.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@cameronphillips2000,

We've found a few 4* hotel with lift passes, ski equipment hire and ski school for 6 of us in Val cenis & flair for £2000. Our budget of £2000-£2500 is just for the holiday it does not include transport, eating out and spending money etc. The reason we want this week to be kept to a budget is we are doing a twin centre holiday, and will be planning a 2nd week in the country will be in.

For us having 2.5 weeks holidays we like to use the least amount of time getting to places, the over night ferries we have priced up on previous holidays to Spain and France and with price tags of £800+ it's simply not worth it and waisted family time when we could of had an extra day on the snow, we've tried all ways with our family tbh.

I will certainly have a look at Andorra thanks
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
T Bar wrote:
I find a lot easier than getting a family on and off a crowded ski bus.

That is probably a good point. I was thinking of adults who look after themselves on a bus but would become my responsibility in a car... snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy