Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Johann im Pongau/Amade

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening,

I've a few days in St Johann im Pongau next week. Staying in the main town, so assume I'll be bussing up to Alpendorf and back at the beginning and end of the day,

I've never been anywhere near here before, so any info on :

Restaurants in town and on the slopes offering good value/food.
The best skiing I can comfortably get to and back in a day without spending the whole day on lifts. (I'm a decent enough skier and reasonably fit)
Any recommendations on a decent ski school to join for a day if I fancy being idle and also feel the need to be sociable.

Thanks in advance.
dt.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pendodave, like you say Alpendorf is your best starting point. You can easily ski over to Wagrain then over to Flachau if you like and you won't feel like you're on lifts all day. Personally I'd spend the first day exploring all the skiing between Alpendorf and down to Wagrain, then on the next day going as direct as possible over to the G-link and heading over to Flachau.

Not sure about restaurants in town, never eaten in the town. I've never had a bad meal on the mountain, so have no particular recommendation. I'm sure some of the many locals will be able to offer their preferences though!

Jnr had lessons with Rot-Weiss-Rot out of Wagrain and enjoyed them. They also have a school in Alpendorf.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pendodave, Auhofalm just above the middle station by the Flying Mozart lift is fabulous for lunch, the upstairs catered room almost always has spaces even when its crowded downstairs.
In town if you fancy a really good steak, the Rauchkuchl is awesome.

The skiing in StJo/Alpendorf is really great. As @hammerite, said, you can ski all the way over to Flachau via the G Link, plenty to keep you busy Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info. I'll report back in about a week....

Just hope the weather is sunny. Seems like enough snow already
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pendodave, have you seen the forecast!

http://www.bergfex.at/sankt-johann-alpendorf/wetter/berg/

Who´s a lucky chap eh!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
First of all, there's some rubbish lurking down in the Balkans which could easily wander up north next week, so I'm not getting too exited yet....

Secondly, as I booked everything about a week ago and consulted more weather forecasts and snow data than is strictly healthy, I'm not sure that it's altogether lucky...

We'll see. It's gonna be better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, which is good enough for me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pendodave wrote:
We'll see. It's gonna be better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, which is good enough for me.

If that's your baseline you'll be amazed! It's a great area.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy