Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Plantar fasciitis / policemans heel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We played a dads v Sons football match which caused Plantar fasciitis in my left foot a couple of months ago.
I play badminton 1 or 2 times a week and have good and bad days the next day, i was thinking of stopping badminton 1 or 2 weeks before i go skiing.

Has anyone skied with Plantar fasciitis and did it cause any issues

thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had Plantar fasciitis for around 18 months and don't recall much problem skiing, probably because I have custom made footbeds in my ski boots. The problem only went when I started wearing orthotics in my normal shoes. Badminton will probably be worse for it than skiing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@runkmc, I had exactly the same experience as you.

I have had PF for approx 4 years, I have been wearing NHS orthotics in my shoes for 3 years and the improvement has been massive.

I have custom footbeds in my boots, I have also been using massage techniques the last month or so to benefit the muscles in my feet and this is definitely having a positive effect too; so it's something I recommend looking into.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not medically trained but...

I can't tell you it will be fine, however I skied a week in Schladming with Plantar fascitis in ex-hire boots with no problem at all.

Walking too and from the lifts in normal shoes was another question Skullie Skullie

I think it was because the up and down motion of the ankle is stopped because you are locked in place - from my experience it is this motion that causes the pain. I think one of the treatments is a boot overnight that is like a ski boot.

I tried it in my boots at home before leaving and was reassured enough not to worry about it. Can you try that?

Hope it works out
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had PF for 2.5 years in right foot then three weeks of no PF before PF showed up in my left foot for last three months. Torn and reconstructed ACL from basketball during this period too. Not stopped me from skiing last year and going to Norway in Feb and Austria in march this year and not worried about it. It's an annoyance but one I'm used to now. Lots of calf stretching helps ease it for me.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@wasley, I've had it for a decade, even though I had to wear orthotics in my shoes when it comes to ski boots it wasn't a problem, occasionally I had to strap up but I think that was down my shoes, have a look at http://www.runnersworld.com/injury-treatment/taping-your-foot-for-plantar-fasciitis,
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also for me, PF wasn't an issue in my ski boot. Oddly enough...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had it and done it..walking was more painful than skiing👍
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have PF skiing is fine, walking, well thats another matter! NehNeh
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was that Walking in ski boots or just general walking .??

I've started icing my foot after badminton as well as wearing one of theses( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016F59BDU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21) pretty much all day and it seems to be improving slowly.
Make suer you get one with the strap and the sock
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pretty much echoing the above. Mine has just about cleared up now, but I skied last year when it was at it's worse. No real issues as the boot stops the foot moving around too much.

I used these rollers as much as I could, especially when I got back to the chalet at the end of the day, and they make a big difference. I was also recommended rolling my foot on a plastic bottle of frozen water, but found the spiky ones enough. http://amzn.to/2kpUlFF

These insoles were the best thing for me. Literally went from limping badly to walking ok as soon as I started using them. These are good for every day, and I plat 5 a side and softball in them too. Cleared up within a few months, mostly due to these I think. http://amzn.to/2kqKPSa
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy