Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from Val d'isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just got back on saturday from Val d'isere on a holiday with crystal. It was a great holiday but lyon airport does leave alot to be desired. For instance what are those lifts all about rolling eyes not really an efficient way to move people about, how about something as technically advanced as a staircase.
Crystal reps werent overly great either. No one spoke to us on the bus until we were well underway which I consider unsatisfactory due to the fact we were on it for 45 minutes before it even left. Also on the way back our transfer from Val d'isere to aime was delayed by 30 minutes and from aime to les arcs by another 45 meaning we were cutting it fine to make our flight. If I was to go again with a tour op I think I might try Neilson.

Weather in Val d'isere: when we got there it hadn't snowed since the 18th (3 days). By mid-week some of the runs were getting icy but these were easily avoideable. It snowed on Friday past in the morning which led to poor visibility but this was not a problem by early afternoon.

My ability: level 5 skier, confident on all greens and blues and pretty much all reds. I do tend to ski at a slow pace however.

Favourite runs: Face run in Tgnes (red): this run had excellent snow and was fairly long skiing below the chair. It was more difficult early in the week because of icy patches but in all an easy red.

Melezes onto myrtilles (blue): Val d'isere does have a shortage of tree lined runs and this has got to be my favourite. There is the verte run which leads towards la daille but it seems to be a bit icier (green) and is not as long.

Grand-pre (green): Mainly liked this run as it is pretty quiet and i liked to practice my backwards technique on it Embarassed

Least favourite run:Piste L (Blue). Icy at the top and really not an enjoyable run at all. In fact I don't really like the solaise side of the ski area at all.

Nightlife

Favourite Bar: Saloon. I really liked coming here after a days skiing during happy hour 3-5 where pints were 4 EUROS (6 normally). They had a great band when I went. Not the nicest of decor but what can you expect with skiers and boarders in and out.

Dicks tea Bar: The jury remains out on this one. Went twice, the first time on the Monday was great but on the Friday it left alot to be desired. The atmosphere was very unfriendly on Friday at the place even came across as a bit of a Chav bar. Of course this may be due to the lack of female companionship on said evening.

All in all a great place to be but I think the ski area lacks the versatility one gets in the three valleys.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just back yesterday. A great week, and the 10cm of snow that fell on Friday and Saturday should really have freshened up the pistes for anyone going out in the next couple of days.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Edmundh009 wrote:

Melezes onto myrtilles (blue): Val d'isere does have a shortage of tree lined runs and this has got to be my favourite. There is the verte run which leads towards la daille but it seems to be a bit icier (green) and is not as long.

Hi mate, out here now, its not great conditions but can still get a good days skiing in, as long as you avoid Santons!

Can I ask where Melezes is as we like the sound of it but cant find it on the excellent (not!) piste map.

Thanks

ScottyDog
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its to the right of tignes down to Tignes les boisses and from there you can go onto myrtilles. I avoided the solaise side for most of the week as it wasn't great skiing. Double M at the top of tignes (red) was another good run and enjoy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy