Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski...... Experts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It doesn't matter where go from, the transfer's always horrible!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Recent flight to Chambery on a BA charter from Stansted over half term,excellent on the way out all on time and no delays with baggage and straight onto the shorter transfer to the resort..on the return different story,arrived 2 hours before departure the terminal was rammed!queued for check in for 1 and 1/4 hours only one desk open..then another 30 mins to get through the security,walked through to boarding area and straight in the bus to the plane!honestly thought we were going to miss it at one stage.The staff seem out of there depth with the numbers of people to process.My advice is arrive early,i for one will be going back to geneva next year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went to Finland with Crystal. As Chambray was closed people there were apparently bussed to another airport. Our plane was diverted to pick them up and return them to the UK. We (including 2 bored
Kids as all their stuff was in the suitcase) were stuck in a Subway restaurant (as we had to leave our rooms for 10am) for 9 hours. Then in the airport for a further 2.5 hours. I swore then that I would never book with a company again. Scheduled flights were running normally so those who had booked independently got away on time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dav wrote:
I used to work as a rep for Crystal and regularly got to see the joys of Chambery on a transfer day from the "other side of the fence" Just horrific. I think I had two or three diversions throughout the season, and I only did Chambery airport runs every other week so a 20%/30% hit rate. When planes weren't diverted the departures and arrivals were absolute chaos, simply nowhere near enough room, check in gates, security access points etc. inside the terminal building for that many people. In the years before that, as a regular punter, I encountered one diversion (to Lyon) and one 8 hour delay in about 7 or 8 times of flying there.

I'd always choose Geneva over Chambery. Yes it's a longer journey but only by an hour, and the passport control / check in / luggage claims are actually fit for purpose for the amount of people going through. Plus there's a better chance that your flight will actually be able to land.

^ This.

Used it once, delayed by an hour getting in and delayed by 4 hours getting out. It is a god forsaken place to spend any time. Nothing there, except far too many people. Even though it may be nearer, the coach journey to Tignes was still over 3 hours. The merest hint of less than perfect weather seems to mean flight delays or long diversions (Lyon being the most common).

GVA every time now.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I purposely chose Geneva this year as I've never had a good experience at Chambery!
It's too small and badly designed to cope with ski traffic, yet that's essentially all it's there for. Apparently they're spending something like £10m on it, but over a 16 year(!) period.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy