Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How snow-risky is mid-March for Kitzbuhel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I'd really appreciate any advice from those in the know about Kitz (as I see it's called around these here parts) in mid-March. We're thinking of heading there for a week but can only sort times with work for mid-March but wondering about the chances of still finding any snow at this time in the season? They seem to be shutting their lifts at the end of March according to their website, so even before Easter.

Also keen to do some snow-shoeing and cross-country skiing to mix it up a bit but again wondering if those trails are likely to have snow at this time?

Finally, does anyone know if the town itself is probably unlikely to have snow then as it's so low?

Would appreciate any insights. Many thanks in advance.

Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow on the mountain will likely be around it's deepest then.

Weather will likely be either warm and spring-like OR a good old March storm. It's a great time of year to ski as the snow is normally nice and soft (whether due to fresh snow or the sun) with less chance of miserable January wind-scoured hardpack), and you'll probably either be able to enjoy a beer in the sun in a t-shirt OR a whisky by the fire as it snows outside. Only week I've skied in Kitz was April a few years back, and we had 3 days of lovely sunny slushy bumps and 3 days of snow and fresh powder. Ideal, really!

Snow lying around town... More likely not to have than to have, but absolutely perfectly possible that it might dump deep into the valley then too.

Most lifts open until mid/late April from what I see: https://www.kitzski.at/de/skigebiet-tirol/info/fahrplan-winter-bbag-kitz.html

Cross country... I assume is in the valley. See above, but I'd think fair chance of not enough snow
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been in April and it was fine. There was no snow in the village and you couldn't ski down but everything was open up top with good snow.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In March, You'll be fine to ski the region right down to the bottom station, but the streets will probably be clear unless you get a dump.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all, that's really helpful and reassuring info. Looks like we can crack on Very Happy

Has anyone come across the Hotel Tennerhof in Kitz, by any chance, and got a view? (May repost separately).

Thanks again.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most of the cross country is at valley level so might not be available in March, but there is some higher level stuff in Kitz that should be open. Last year a lot of it in Brixental was closed at half term, but that was a bad year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kitz is low and mid-Mar is near the end of the season.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep, KItz is low at 800 metres compared to the French resorts, but its definetely NOT near the end of the season. But as has ben said already, the chances of snow actually down in the valley cant really be certain. The historical snow levels show that the snow cover in Mid March is the best. But with the higher temps beginning then, actual snow in the valley isn't guaranteed. But Piste skiing is fantastic then, so if that's the important bit go for it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold wrote:
Utter tosh! Kitz usually stay (partially) open through until the beginning of May. It certainly did in 2016.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steilhang wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
Utter tosh! Kitz usually stay (partially) open through until the beginning of May. It certainly did in 2016.

And certainly has for the last 12 years Ive had a place there
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's reassuring thank you. I am heading there with my 3 brothers on 4 March for our first visit. Any tips on good routes and which order to ski resort.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skied there last year 2nd week in march - best conditions of the season, everything open down to valley floor.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A very high risk that you'll have lots of snow!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not so much snowrisk.
Slushrisk is very high though
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@DesignBod007, meet @Whitegold, he lives under a bridge!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy