Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Jump 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Not sure why Wozzer needs to be wearing his airbag other than sponsorship reasons.

That's an Alpride compatible pack but it's not got the airbag fitted.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That'll be why then
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Video blog number 3 from Warren Smith has now been uploaded.

- Parallel Slalom (as opposed to what, snowplough Slalom?)
- Warren Smith shows them how to do it.
- Vogue Wiiliams has trouble keeping her legs together (allegedly)
- Spencer Matthews looks the quickest

http://youtube.com/v/02Zo5v3Vito
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@olderscot, parallel slalom as opposed to single slalom. I.e racing side by side rather than against the clock Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, that explains it. What a noob (me that is) Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And the first one out due to injury is... Vogue Williams. Apparently she suffered a serious knee injury while ski cross training.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4185682/Vogue-Williams-forced-quit-Jump-knee-injury.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bradley or Lewis to win.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think I read somewhere that Lewis is claiming to have done the longest jump in the group. He sounds like a decent bet to me.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
*shudder* - you made me click through to the Mail...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Sorry about that. Can't be helped if that's where the news is although it doesn't really say any more than I posted.

Apparently Amy Willerton is replacing Vogue Williams. She pops up in some of the earlier videos and looks like quite a good skier.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
olderscot wrote:
Quote:

Sorry about that. Can't be helped if that's where the news is although it doesn't really say any more than I posted.

Apparently Amy Willerton is replacing Vogue Williams. She pops up in some of the earlier videos and looks like quite a good skier.

I don't care how she skis.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Amy+Willerton&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source%7D&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfstilm_TRAhVHB8AKHWwIAcIQiR4IgAE&biw=1242&bih=580
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@blahblahblah, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm sure we'll soon get a chance to make up our minds about their skiing, but in the meantime I came across this article in the Telegraph where Warren Smith ranks them.

No prizes for guessing who his favourites are.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/articles/the-jump-2017-behind-the-scenes-look-at-the-contestants/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seems like they have dropped the jump into the air bag? Maybe they have identified this as a safety concern. Last year they started on the air bag and then move on to the other big jump or got to choose which one to jump from.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@A new addict, possibly dropped it because it was a bit s**t, or maybe to allow more time to practice the proper jump.
ski holidays
Or perhaps just space, I think they said they had moved to a different location this year.
latest report
@Tubaski, still in Kuhtai, but probably a different part of the resort.
snow conditions
@hammerite, yes that was my take too. I think the words used were 'a different mountain'
snow report
@Tubaski, last year there was scaffolding all over the place (Jnr was in Kuhtai at the time and took photos). I didn't notice as much last night so it looks like they're using the hill a bit more than structures.
latest report
So far I'd say this year's format is much, much better than last year's. We now get live racing and jumping (and no air bag). To me it all seems so much more professionally done and less fake than last year.

I won't say who got dropped as I'd hate to spoil it for anyone planning to watch it on 4 player. No real surprise to me though.
snow report
They all appear to be both better skiers and taking it more seriously than previous years. Does the shape of the jump seem to have been altered? Looked to have less of a kick at the end. Possibly to reduce risk?
snow conditions
They appear to have just 1 jump this year - there was a choice of 3 previously wasn't there? I'm glad they got rid of the air bag which was an accident waiting to happen and was where Adlington hurt herself.

The sports stars should be good as they will be used to getting coached and of course they'll be very competitive by nature. Fair play to Kadeena Cox for giving it a go considering her health/disability issues. The sports stars are at least all proper stars too, although the fact that, of the slebs, I've only heard of Caprice probably says more about me than them! Laughing
snow report
The celebs are less annoying so far. Also good that it started with skiing and hopefully there will be more of that. Will not miss the air jump.
latest report
@Tubaski, @hammerite
Or perhaps just space, I think they said they had moved to a different location this year.

From what I gathered from a ski instructor in Kuhtai in Dec it has changed location, partly, I understood, to reduce the amount of slope/s they take out of the equation to general skiers but also to reduce the ferrying around resort.
Local ski instructors help instruct contestants too. They often have to Google the 'celeb' to find out what they are known for!
snow report
Cinsha wrote:

Local ski instructors help instruct contestants too. They often have to Google the 'celeb' to find out what they are known for!

As do the rest of us Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Am I alone in having developed a severe dislike of Wiggins? Super athlete, cold remedies notwithstanding- nobody can deny that, but I just cannot bear him.
snow report
@Charliegolf, I think he was playing a part a bit, but was also super-competitive. Suspect that he'll relax a bit over coming weeks. I was more annoyed by the maid from Bristol, can't believe that an accent from 80 miles up the M5 could be so different from my own!
latest report
I found the one that wouldn't stop talking annoying, can't remember her name. No, not Davina, the other one. Well, both of them actually.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone know what Wiggin's dig at the Daily Mail was all about? Not that anyone needs an excuse to have a go at the DM, but have they written something specific about him or the show?
snow report
Hilariously, and predictably, the Daily Mail are running a story: "Bradley Wiggins stuns The Jump viewers as he SWEARS on live TV", without mentioning who it was he wanted to pish off Smile
ski holidays
My dislike predates the Jump.
snow report
Can't recall exactly, but I think every race was won by the skier on the blue course (RHS looking downhill). Now, it may be that their pairing were such that they were the stronger skiers of course, but it seems a bit off not to have them go down both courses.

(It would also help fill the 90 mins without so much Davina waffle...)
latest report
I like Wiggins. I laughed at his DM dig too.
latest report
It was an awful lot of padding to stretch out a few minutes of racing. But it still managed to show more skiing than Ski Sunday.
ski holidays
SlipnSlide wrote:
Anyone know what Wiggin's dig at the Daily Mail was all about? Not that anyone needs an excuse to have a go at the DM, but have they written something specific about him or the show?

They've possibly suggested doping in the past, but I'd guess that it's more a general 'having a go' at the Mail. I'd do exactly the same in his position

Tubaski wrote:
Hilariously, and predictably, the Daily Mail are running a story: "Bradley Wiggins stuns The Jump viewers as he SWEARS on live TV", without mentioning who it was he wanted to pish off Smile

Although he got a telling off from Davina (ridiculous when you consider the thinly veiled knob gags that riddle her drivel) they actually later ran a VT when someone (possibly Robbie Fowler) used exactly the same word.

@Arctic Roll, blue course had a quicker finish but I think it was mostly down to bad skiing and luck. Agree that it would be nice to have something to cut down on the padding, 90 minutes is a bit too long really but hopefully that's just a first week thing.
ski holidays
Arctic Roll wrote:
Can't recall exactly, but I think every race was won by the skier on the blue course (RHS looking downhill). Now, it may be that their pairing were such that they were the stronger skiers of course, but it seems a bit off not to have them go down both courses.

(It would also help fill the 90 mins without so much Davina waffle...)

The blue course may have been quicker - but at least 3 races were won on the red course (possibly more). I believe Louis Smith was on the red, as was Lydia Bright (and Gareth Thomas was as well but that was walkover essentially!).
ski holidays
@Handy Turnip, Thomas was on the blue course
snow report
@SnoodlesMcFlude, yeah apologies - ignore my post! Misread the original post. Actually all three I mentioned were on the blue course!
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:

Although he got a telling off from Davina (ridiculous when you consider the thinly veiled knob gags that riddle her drivel) they actually later ran a VT when someone (possibly Robbie Fowler) used exactly the same word.

Indeed. Davina told Wiggins off for swearing when he said he wanted to "p1ss off the Daily Mail", which is quite a mild swear by today's standards. But then the barman in the show was referred to as "Herr E. Dick" and Kadeena Cox vs Robbie Fowler were introduced as "Cox vs Balls" Shocked

Regards the slalom races they should have got rid of some of the padding and got the contestants to race twice swapping runs and taken the overall time.
snow report
SlipnSlide wrote:
But then the barman in the show was referred to as "Herr E. Dick" and Kadeena Cox vs Robbie Fowler were introduced as "Cox vs Balls" Shocked

Regards the slalom races they should have got rid of some of the padding and got the contestants to race twice swapping runs and taken the overall time.

Having not watched the program and read this my interest has dwindled from a little to zero.

Lowest common denominator tabloid television. Davina McCall is an absolutely awful presenter too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy