Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Jump 2017

Poster: A snowHead
swiftoid wrote:
@SnoodlesMcFlude, I'd wager many of us have to spend years, if not decades, working with people we consider bellends.

Yep,
Although I'm not sure that I work with anyone that annoys me as much as Caprice does
and if I had to endure them when I was skiing then I'd enjoy it a lot less. I'd also be pretty miserable if someone interviewed me at work.

Only really know Hoy for his motorsport so wouldn't have a clue what he's like.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
swiftoid wrote:
@Waffle, @endoman, I hope you're both right. I did always like him before.

All people I know who have met him couldn't have said nicer things about him. Couple of mates raced against him 2 years ago when he got a ride in a TT in Hull, he was in the village hall after having a cuppa and chatting etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
Although I'm not sure that I work with anyone that annoys me as much as Caprice does

What a charmed life you must live snowHead

SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
and if I had to endure them when I was skiing then I'd enjoy it a lot less. I'd also be pretty miserable if someone interviewed me at work.

But in his case the job he signed up for was precisely to endure skiing with these people and being interviewed about it. I'm guessing that's not what you signed up for. You're skiing for pleasure not £££££££.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Robbie Fowler looked like he wanted to be someplace else as well.

I guess, we've all wanted to leave 'the party' sometime and just go home - doesn't make you a party pooper necessarily...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Funnily enough, of all the ones I thought I'd really dislike, I think Spencer's come across really well. He seems a nice bloke actually, and not the toffee-nosed tw*t I thought he'd be.

Fair play to them all for going off that jump, you wouldn't persuade me to!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sad me, watching it not for the intense, highly competitive nature of the competition, mesmerised by their skillful skiing skills but just for the happy feelin' sliding around on 2 planks it gives humans - even the celebrity one's.

And, says Divina, here's Melinda Messenger ( Shocked ), did poor old Warren actually get a mention -it looked to me like he was actually 'Tongue Tied' - yes literally! perhaps they were running out of time.

Err, i thought Warren and Mel were already married but apparently not.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was nice to see that they were all enjoying the skiing and air jumping. Spencer's one and a half back flip in the air jump was a triumph of exuberation over skill versus Louis Smith's expertly done single back flip.

Next week is the final and we get ski cross and snow cross and hopefully see some big jumps as they try to win the event. Should be entertaining.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's really improved this series, more skiing activities, more sports people as opposed to slebs. Now if only they could get rid of Davina .....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@maggi, I think that, more than previous series, they've actually got some people that are capable of skiing reasonably well. Both Spencer and Louis are pretty decent, Robinson is developing well and Amy Whatsherchops has good technique.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SnoodlesMcFlude, yes, you're right. I'm a big Louis fan, (gymnastics fan in general) and expected him to do well. Never heard of Spencer but thought he's probably be a useless hooray henry but actually quite like him now. Pleased the girl went last night, whoever she was. (Releases inner bitch! Laughing )
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wish Gareth Thomas would wear some sturdy underpants, I don't wish to see his dangly toilet parts thank you very much. spoo
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Robbie Fowler looked like he wanted to be someplace else as well

He is doing his Pro Coaching License exams this week so yes he probably did want to be elsewhere. I guess he didn't expect to make it as far as he did Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@maggi, I think that, more than previous series, they've actually got some people that are capable of skiing reasonably well. Both Spencer and Louis are pretty decent, Robinson is developing well and Amy Whatsherchops has good technique.

Lots of top level sports people, able (and willing) to accept coaching.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zayna99 wrote:
I wish Gareth Thomas would wear some sturdy underpants, I don't wish to see his dangly toilet parts thank you very much. spoo

I know. I wish I didn't know he dresses to the left!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@chrisdavis, not sure I'd call the guy from Made In Chelsea a top level sportsperson, nor Miss GB Wink
snow conditions
@SnoodlesMcFlude, lots, not all.
ski holidays
I think Louis is the clear winner, but I've really enjoyed this series. Fair play to all of them.
ski holidays
Apparently Gareth Thomas has left for 'personal reasons'... possibly chastened by @Zayna99s remarks. Wotsername who left on Sunday will return for the final.
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny,
+1
snow report
halfhand wrote:
Quote:

Robbie Fowler looked like he wanted to be someplace else as well

He is doing his Pro Coaching License exams this week so yes he probably did want to be elsewhere. I guess he didn't expect to make it as far as he did Toofy Grin

But although they always say the loser each week is "going home", they never seem to actually leave. Robbie has been out for a couple of weeks now, but is still there for the live program. And that has been true of most of the people knocked out in every series.
ski holidays
In past series they've often come back in after an injury to someone else. I assumed Robbie Fowler would come back when Bradley Wiggins got injured...but of course he didn't!

So I think this is the only 'substitution' in this years show?
snow conditions
I've been reliably informed that the whole thing is filmed in only 2 weeks - hence why some of the losers still seem to be hanging around.
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Apparently Gareth Thomas has left for 'personal reasons'... possibly chastened by @Zayna99s remarks. Wotsername who left on Sunday will return for the final.

Maybe he tripped over his whatsit in training. My eyes. Shocked
latest report
@vjmehra, Amy Willerton was a pre-show replacement for someone.

@Ray Zorro, if that's the case then it would at least explain why they don't seem much cop at skiing...although I get the feeling that this series they've given a bit more tuition and time on the slopes.
ski holidays
Quote:

@vjmehra, Amy Willerton was a pre-show replacement for someone.

Fair point, but I sort of meant more that they've changed the approach for example whenever Heather Mills was in it, she got eliminated one week and was back the next as someone got injured.
ski holidays
Zayna99 wrote:

Same comment in our house!
snow report
Quote:

I've been reliably informed that the whole thing is filmed in only 2 weeks - hence why some of the losers still seem to be hanging around.

That seems to be pretty much what Davina said in an interview. “We’re filming for two weeks non-stop as opposed to going live each week, so there is tonnes of training.”
snow report
would also explain why Wiggins was at his house to barrack the reporters asking about his dodgy medical package the other week...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The final is live though, I believe? What a great opportunity to get out there and to be taught by some seriously good teachers, and then get on the beer in the evening. My OH would love it, although that might have something to do with Graham Bell being on it.....
latest report
Quote:

The final is live though, I believe?

I don't think so. I think it was all filmed weeks ago.
latest report
Cant you still bet on the winner though? Surely it couldnt be pre recorded then? Some of the events have been ok. The slalom and GS are nowhere near steep or technical enough.
ski holidays
Don't they say its live at the start of every show?

They also made a big deal on the parallel slalom episode about how Spencer had to use a pre-recorded jump as he was injured and couldn't jump after Gareth Thomas crashed into him...suggesting it was live surely?
snow conditions
Apparently the first and last episodes are live (with a small broadcast delay in case of injuries), the ones inbetween filmed after the first live show.
ski holidays
Quote:

Apparently the first and last episodes are live (with a small broadcast delay in case of injuries), the ones inbetween filmed after the first live show.

Looks like you're right. Here's the program of events from the Kuehtai website:

05.2.2017 – 1. Live-show
06.2.2017 – 2. Show
08.2.2017 – 3. Show
10.2.2017 – 4. Show
13.2.2017 – 5. Show
12.3.2017 – 6. Live-show
ski holidays
I think it's a shame they aren't doing that speed event they did last year (the one where they wear those "go faster" helmets).
ski holidays
@bambionskiis, they did do a small speed event earlier to sort the groups for the slalom event IIRC.
latest report
Warren Smith has posted a new video blog on the training for the final.

http://youtube.com/v/RYIi669bAek
latest report
'It doesn't matter where you came from but where you're going that counts...'

Well done Spencer...
ski holidays
How miffed was Kadeena to be beaten over the line by Amy? Shocked Shocked
snow report
@Mollerski, not a happy bunny.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy